PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DeAngelo Hall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holy Diver

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
He should clear waivers today, and according to PFT...

"There is increasing speculation that the Patriots could be interested in adding Hall, under a minimum-salary deal for the balance of the season. The thinking in some circles is that the Pats would rely upon their veteran leadership in the locker room to influence Hall to be something other than a turd.

And if he steps out of line even once, the Pats would undoubtedly cut him loose."

Why not? Hall is exactly BB's type of guy when it comes to coverage. If he wants to come here for a bargain basement 1-year deal then, once again, why not? Our secondary is already banged up. We can use someone with Hall's pure atheleticism.

What exactly is Hall's baggage.
Why Raiders let him go?
Is his play on the field not so good, good or excellent?

What exactly is Hall's baggage.
Why Raiders let him go?
Is his play on the field not so good, good or excellent?

He basically made Earthwind Moreland look like the next coming of Michael Haynes, by all reports..

Also, supposedly a locker-room cancer.

He basically made Earthwind Moreland look like the next coming of Michael Haynes, by all reports..

If this is true, why would BB even consider him?

His biggest problem was that he was playing opposite one of the best corners in the league, so he got exploited as much as possible by teams. See: Bly, Dre. Not that he's fantastic, but he isn't the chump he looked like in Oakland either.

We've never had much of a problem with "locker room cancers" but I still can't see BB bringing him in. All this "speculation" is just media guys guessing that the Pats could use him. When has BB ever agreed with them?

If this is true, why would BB even consider him?
Roger Goodell has been in negotiations with Bob Kraft to get this done, hoping that it will result in Al Davis having a stroke which leads to his demise. The team would then be sold to venture capitalists that would relocate the team in London as part of the NFL's globalization initiative.

When I here "speculation" and "pats" in the same sentence, I always gotta give a :D

Roger Goodell has been in negotiations with Bob Kraft to get this done, hoping that it will result in Al Davis having a stroke which leads to his demise. The team would then be sold to venture capitalists that would relocate the team in London as part of the NFL's globalization initiative.

That's so crazy it just might be true...

I will personally pick DeAngelo up at Logan and carry his bags.

The guy just quit in Oakland like alot of players do. He still has it and nothing like coming over to this kind of structured environment to get the old DeAngelo back.

Let's get this done.

Ha! Raider Fans would be so happy. You'd see Oakland party like they elected Obama again.

I dont like the idea of geting him unless BB signs him then I like it :D

Also ... there is no truth to the rumor that Al will acuse the Patriots
of tampering with his brain.

His biggest problem was that he was playing opposite one of the best corners in the league, so he got exploited as much as possible by teams. See: Bly, Dre. Not that he's fantastic, but he isn't the chump he looked like in Oakland either.

We've never had much of a problem with "locker room cancers" but I still can't see BB bringing him in. All this "speculation" is just media guys guessing that the Pats could use him. When has BB ever agreed with them?

Both Randy Moss and Corey Dillon were popular players with their teammates even when they were cancers. DeAngelo Hall had a lot of enemies on his team most notably the guy he got into a fist fight with in the tunnel after the game he was suspended for getting several unneccessary roughness penalties that was a huge factor in a Falcons' loss. He is a different type of problem child than the Pats usually take on.

He is not really a Belichick type of guy. He makes a lot of stupid penalties that costs his team big. He tends not to play smart constantly trying to jump routes to get the INT rather than just trying to break up the play when that is the right move. He seems to rely on his immense God-given talents and not play smart. He is sorta like Tebucky Jones.

I guess I can see the Pats doing as Florio suggests and give Hall a small deal for the rest of the year and keep him on a short leash as a short term fix, but I seriously doubt the Pats would invest a long term investment in the guy.

Sign me up. The guy's about to turn 25, and has all the talent in the world as a CB. Remember how Randy Moss performed in Oakland? That place is a black hole.

Top 10 pick 4 years ago, had made the Pro Bowl twice since. If he can be had for next to nothing, it's a no brainer with the way this secondary looks.

Oh good. I havent heard that term in a long time

"Cancer in the clubhouse"

How come its never

"Lymphoma in the clubhouse" or "HIV in the clubhouse" or "Luekemia in the
clubhouse"?

I know we only like 5'10 people in the secondary who cant cover, especially during the final moments of championship games, but i would take a chance
on him.

Well even the most talented players can look bad in a man to man defense ... we don't have that system so :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes