PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dean Pees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normally I have defended Peas but this has to be his last year, a good coordinator can make a world of difference. Look at Mike Nolan in Denver, etc.

A DC doesn't always have the freedom to do what you might think.
BB is the head coach. The Buck stops there! If he doesn't like what
Pees is doing he can certainly change it or change the man. For all we
know, Pees is doing exactly what BB is asking him to do.
The buck stops with BB. It is his defense.

Last edited:
Normally I have defended Peas but this has to be his last year, a good coordinator can make a world of difference. Look at Mike Nolan in Denver, etc.

Nolan is 5 games in converting a defense nobody expected to gel this season despite some talent.

And it's PEES. And his job is to run whatever defense Bill chooses. This season it would appear to be mostly 4-3 because of retirements, injuries and personnel choices Bill made...Bill also has final say on the overall approach and game plans on both sides of the ball. We've been playing bend bot don't break defense for ever...Playing corners off the line is not something Pees concocted. In fact it may be why Eric and Bill nearly came to blows as the 2005 season wound down. Everyone here at the time blamed Eric and pointed to Bill fairly stripping him of his duties down the stretch. Only Eric left and the scheme remained...what does that indicate...

Belichick is a stubborn fellow. If he fires Pees, that means he is indirectly admitting he made a mistake by hiring him in the first place. Belichick wants to prove to everyone all his hirings from within were the best moves for the team. He may be right, but right now things look pretty dire. O'Brien may be one of the worst 10 offensive coordinators in the league at THIS POINT.

Last edited:
Belichick is a stubborn fellow. If he fires Pees, that means he is indirectly admitting he made a mistake by hiring him in the first place. Belichick wants to prove to everyone all his hirings from within were the best moves for the team. He may be right, but right now things look pretty dire. O'Brien may be one of the worst 10 offensive coordinators in the league at THIS POINT.

With all the press Pees is doing, I gotta thinkg he is being positioned for a HC job.

He will be gone after this year and RAC will return. Just a gut..

Excuse me, I'm a raging fan boy.

But why the flying f*** wasn't Dean Pees fired the day after he was hired?

I swear, he doesn't learn a single f***ing thing. The one time the Patriots blitz, they absolutely choke the offense. That blitz at the end of the fourth carried them into OT.

So Pees reacts by blitzing once (twice?) on that 80-yard OT drive. He CONTINUES to play 10 yards off the receivers.

Bend-but-don't-break defense sucks. It's for bad defenses. This defense is not bad. It also isn't bend-but-don't-break. Playing 10 yards off on 90% of plays isn't even a defensive philosophy. It's just a load of defeatist ****. The Pats have so much talent, and Dean F***ing Pees throws it out the window. Almost lost us the Bills and Ravens games. Did lose us this one. What the hell is wrong with him?

He needs to be fired. Now.

As for O'Brien . . .

*grabs flameproof vest*

I very much agree with the premise of the post, for all the reasons stated here.

Excluding the truly inept franchises in Buffalo, Cleveland, Oakland, Washington, Detroit & Tampa, we have the absolute worst pair of co-ordinators in the league.

It's now beyond obvious that Bill no longer values co-ordinators with vision, leadership, innovation, aggressiveness & minds of their own; instead, he employs these two dull, clueless, grateful lackeys who merely faithfully execute Bill's tired, out-dated, predictable, boring, Pat-thetic game plans.

We deserve better.

With all the press Pees is doing, I gotta thinkg he is being positioned for a HC job.

He will be gone after this year and RAC will return. Just a gut..

I don't see Pees as head coach material and he's 60 years old. I think he's doing a decent job considering the talent he's had so far this year. I'd love to see RAC back but that's a tough one as he'll quickly be in line for another HC gig. Don't really hear the players talking about Pees like they talked about RAC - he was a great coach, motivator and mentor to the players when he was here.

I very much agree with the premise of the post, for all the reasons stated here.

Excluding the truly inept franchises in Buffalo, Cleveland, Oakland, Washington, Detroit & Tampa, we have the absolute worst pair of co-ordinators in the league.

It's now beyond obvious that Bill no longer values co-ordinators with vision, leadership, innovation, aggressiveness & minds of their own; instead, he employs these two dull, clueless, grateful lackeys who merely faithfully execute Bill's tired, out-dated, predictable, boring, Pat-thetic game plans.

We deserve better.

Wow! wow and wow!! I forgot that we fans own 50% of the team and so deserve a lot more than the entertainment and 3 SB + amazing records set by the Pats in the last eight seasons. Not to mention the inspiring run last season with the main guy out of the season.

And this is the kind of comment that BB deserves?

I am taken aback by the arrogance and ingratitude shown by an experienced poster on this board. :mad:

That was Then; this is Now...and Now sux.

Engaging in rememberances of times past as an excuse to keep intact Bill's philosophy regarding Offense, Defense, STs & Drafting is an exercise better-performed by Doofins & JEST losers.

The only arrogance I see comes from the FO in Foxborough, which refuses to adjust to, or even acknowledge, the simple fact that other teams have Figured Us Out.

Being shut-out in the 2nd half, TWICE already, should tell you all you need to know. If not, then please take a stroll down Memory Lane to the playoff-ending drives allowed in the '06 & '07 seasons, or last week, if you seek a more recent vintage.

So the right way to defeat a team that scores 17 points in 4 quarters dinking and dunking is to expose yourself to giving up big plays?
That would be another type of gameplan, but not one I see as any better.

There's a weakness in every defense you play.

Point is, we played Kyle Orton last week. Not exactly a guy known for making big plays and punishing defenses that blitz. He's known for dink and dunk throws and managing games. I don't know if you watch any games besides Patriot games, but that's how Orton has played in Chicago for a number of years. We played into his strenghts. Is that a good strategy?

When we play Peyton, I could understand why we give up those short/intermediate passes because Peyton is the type of QB that will punish teams that take chances. Kyle Orton on the other hand?

Do you see my point? :idea2:

That was Then; this is Now...and Now sux.

Engaging in rememberances of times past as an excuse to keep intact Bill's philosophy regarding Offense, Defense, STs & Drafting is an exercise better-performed by Doofins & JEST losers.

The only arrogance I see comes from the FO in Foxborough, which refuses to adjust to, or even acknowledge, the simple fact that other teams have Figured Us Out.

Being shut-out in the 2nd half, TWICE already, should tell you all you need to know. If not, then please take a stroll down Memory Lane to the playoff-ending drives allowed in the '06 & '07 seasons, or last week, if you seek a more recent vintage.

You sound as if I am recollecting what happened 25 years ago. :rolleyes:

I agree that getting shut out twice in the second half is quite annoying and frustruting. But should that alone tell us all we need to know even though we are all aware that our main O player is still struggling to get his bearings and that our last game was against the former OC of this team who knows pretty well all our strategies and tactics??

Criticism should be welcome at all times. But gosh...if you are blind enough not to cut some slack and don't have the patience to wait for at least half the season before throwing BB under the bus, adios.

Pees is too laid back to be a head coach in the NFL. It's like hiring a Cam Cameron clone. But hey, Oakland should have a vacancy in T minus 10, 9, 8. You never know, Pees might look at the OAK job simply because of the laid back California lifestyle and low expectations. If someone hires him, that's good for us!

I hope Tedy Bruschi will get an interview to be coordinator here in NE--hopefully he'd be interested in the first place. His knowledge of defenses and experience in the trenches would be invaluable to the younger players. We would finally see players getting excited about hitting and tackling. Haven't seen that in over 5 years it seems!

Last edited:
The only arrogance I see in NE is exhibited by a bunch of thoroughly spoiled and delusional fans who think the guy who brought them 3 rings and four AFC Championships and 6 division titles in this decade suddenly knows less about this game than a collection of malcontents banging away on their computer keyboards as if those rings weren't won on late game drives necessitated by defensive collapses down the stretch by teams with a lot more veteran talent at their disposal than the ones Pees is coordinating.

The only arrogance I see in NE is exhibited by a bunch of thoroughly spoiled and delusional fans who think the guy who brought them 3 rings and four AFC Championships and 6 division titles in this decade suddenly knows less about this game than a collection of malcontents banging away on their computer keyboards as if those rings weren't won on late game drives necessitated by defensive collapses down the stretch by teams with a lot more veteran talent at their disposal than the ones Pees is coordinating.

you forgot to mention the 08 season that mightve been his greatest job of coaching to date. :D

Other than that, good post ;)

Here's an interesting stat, Randy Moss is tied for the team lead in interceptions. Granted, their secondary is a way better than last year, but it's pretty pathetic when a WR is tied for the team lead in interceptions.

Unless, of course, he's Troy Brown, who also had that distinction ...

Funny thread that implies

Dean Pees - Full control on defence
obrian - Full control on offence

BB- Dummy head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes