Welcome to PatsFans.com

Dean Pees Q&A, 11/16

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Christopher_Price, Nov 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christopher_Price

Christopher_Price Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Thanks to the Patriots’ PR staff, here’s the complete transcript of defensive coordinator Dean Pees’ Q&A with the media this morning at Gillette Stadium:Q: Let’s start out with third down defense. The Patriots rank first in the league. What do you attribute that performance on third down to?DP: I think we spend a lot of [...]

More...
  2. Seymour93

Seymour93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Bend but don't break is back! Now if we could just work on that red zone D.
  3. RobAllan

RobAllan Rookie

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I'm glad you posted this. I spaced and missed it.

I was kind of hoping to read something more encouraging about Meriweather. I'm really anxious to see him play, but it sounds like he's still not ready. I hope he doesn't turn out to be a "never ready" kind of player. I don't think so. It's way too early to tell, obviously. I was just hoping to see an instant impact because I'm that kind of fan, I guess.
  4. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +425 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Nothing disappointing about it to me. Not being ready now has no bearing to me on his long term ability or upside.
  5. Metaphors

Metaphors Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I agree. Most 1st round picks have to play significant time because they were drafted into a need spot. They are thrown in and asked to sink or swim. Meriweather actually had some flashes early (Rodney on suspension) and now he has had some time to improve based on those experiences. The wildcard is that it looks like R.Baker has stepped up in practice and has earned some time on the field. Again, I don't see having players force their way onto the field is a bad thing or a reflection on others.

Meriweather is supremely talented and if he can apply those talents into the Pats system, he should be a beast. The positive thing I've noticed is that he is busting it on the return teams...blocking and tackling. That suggests to me a positive attitude and not a malcontent.
  6. sebman2112

sebman2112 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If anything it seemed like Peas thinks Meriweather is improving, and they seem perfectly happy with letting him learn the system before throwing him in the fire. I really can't see how what Peas said about Meriweather could be seen as "dissapointing".
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2007
  7. Bobs My Uncle

Bobs My Uncle PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +39 / 7 / -2

#12 Jersey

Nice to see the talk about 3rd down efficiency and how the Pats D is excelling on such downs.

One of the best indicators of a teams quality is to look at their 3rd down efficiency rating on either side of the ball.
  8. psychoPat

psychoPat Role Player PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

So if we tease a meaning out of Pees' evasive answer about AD, is it that
    he's not as good at pass defense as Rodney?
    and thus his major role here is going to be stopping the run?

What about all the "played every position" fanfare,
    including man coverage (albeit terminal chucking) on Ocho Cinco?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.