PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dean Pees is the new LB coach of the Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Dean Pees the new LB coach of the Ravens

Ravens reel in Pees | ProFootballTalk.com

I am thinking his leaving wasn't his own decision unless he was jonesing for a demotion to get to the Ravens.

If I'm not mistaken, BB didn't release a statement about Pees leaving, which I would have suspected if it were on completely good terms. Usually BB will issue a brief statement saying it was good to work with him and he has all the respect in the world for him...., but I dont recall seeing anything this time. I'm kind of rooting for Pepper to become the DC just so we see a little fire on the sidelines, but I think whether they choose Pepper or Patricia they really need to bring in some experience to assist some of the position coaches - the TE, WR, and DB coaches were all young last year and you would have to think that has some effect on how the players develop and learn over time. Should make for some interesting times before the draft anyway.

Pees was fired. BB let him resign as an act of kindness.

No way he left a DC job for this.

Pees was fired. BB let him resign as an act of kindness.

No way he left a DC job for this.

I agree. The fact that Pees kept moving from the sideline to the press box over the last two years until finally staying in the press box this year was pretty damning to me. The fact that the kept moving up and down tells me that BB wasn't happy with how Pees was making in game adjustments... Seems weird that a guy that's been in the league that long would all of the sudden move to the press box becuase he isn't getting a clear view of things on the field -seems he would have discoved that years ago.

I dont understand why Pees would take a demotion, he could have got another DC job somewhere

the pats were a very over rated team to start the season the defense. did not have much talent on it. so he was the fall guy now he has to work he's way back up to DC and maybe even HC one day

Oh snap, it wasn't Adalius Thomas who tipped off the Ravens before our playoff game. It was that traitor Dean Pees!

Who gave Dean Pees his endorsement after he left the DC post? Adalius "good soldier" Thomas. Perhaps there's a story there ...

LOL, I'd like to see an apology from the poster who ripped me when I said Pees did not leave of his own volition.

But I won't be holding my breath.

Clearly Belichick thinks the Patriots are better off without Pees, and I am willing to put much money down on Belichick's decision.

Who gave Dean Pees his endorsement after he left the DC post? Adalius "good soldier" Thomas. Perhaps there's a story there ...

Don't know if there's a story there, but that guy is a cancer. I pray the Pats find a way to unload that SOB. I really don't like him. It's not just his play on the field. It's his attitude that made me dislike him the most.

I agree. The fact that Pees kept moving from the sideline to the press box over the last two years until finally staying in the press box this year was pretty damning to me. The fact that the kept moving up and down tells me that BB wasn't happy with how Pees was making in game adjustments... Seems weird that a guy that's been in the league that long would all of the sudden move to the press box becuase he isn't getting a clear view of things on the field -seems he would have discoved that years ago.

FWIW, Pees was a college coach until 2004, when he was hired as the Pats' LBs coach. He has six seasons of NFL experience.

Don't know if there's a story there, but that guy is a cancer. I pray the Pats find a way to unload that SOB. I really don't like him. It's not just his play on the field. It's his attitude that made me dislike him the most.

I'm not sure which idea is worse: (A) that the "Humble Pie" attitude was complete and utter b***s***, or (B) that it was real, and he's just changed. [Either way, it seems fairly clear that he understood the Patriots couldn't possibly cut or trade him this year.]

Last edited:

Oh snap, it wasn't Adalius Thomas who tipped off the Ravens before our playoff game. It was that traitor Dean Pees!

Well...makes one wonder!

Anyone else find it interesting that we've criticized Pees for his passive approach on defense all year long and now he's going to be a LB coach for a team that is known as one of the most aggressive defenses in the league?

Doesn't seem like a good match for the Ravens IMO.

Anyone else find it interesting that we've criticized Pees for his passive approach on defense all year long and now he's going to be a LB coach for a team that is known as one of the most aggressive defenses in the league?

Doesn't seem like a good match for the Ravens IMO.

Just because some have criticized someone for being passive does not make that person passive. Someone already showed we were in the top 7 in blitzes this season.

Head scratching move by the Ravens. You crush a team in the playoffs and hire that same team's DC?

Just because some have criticized someone for being passive does not make that person passive. Someone already showed we were in the top 7 in blitzes this season.

yeah, but they were hardly creative. No stunting, no delayed blitzes, hardly anything interesting, just a straight up bull rush by the LB, usually Thomas, who ended up playing patty-cakes with the OT.

Thomas will be reunited with Pees as soon as the Patriots release him.

Thomas will be reunited with Pees as soon as the Patriots release him.

The Patriots could always trade him for a seventh-rounder in 2011. . . .

I'm not talking about just this season. The Pats have not been a traditional blitz-heavy unit on defense over the years. The way Ray Lewis and the Ravens play defense is not the same way we play defense. Pees has been the coordinator of our more conservative 3-4 as opposed to the more attacking 3-4 the Ravens run.

Blitzing is considered bringing more than 4 guys, and we brought 5 guys more often as the season went on b/c we struggled getting a push with just 4. But we didn't bring 6 or 7 guys on blitzes like the Ravens do pretty consistently throughout the game. Compared to the Ravens, I'd call us a more passive unit. We like to protect against the big play and we bend but don't break.

It will be interesting to see if how the players feel about Pees in Baltimore, especially guys like Suggs and Lewis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back