Welcome to PatsFans.com

Deafening silence from other teams'

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by njpatsfan, Sep 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. njpatsfan

njpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

We've heard from the talking heads. We've heard from the bloggers. We've heard from every jackass fan on the planet.

But where are all the other team's coaches and offices on this issue ?

So far none have gone on the record ... at all. Complete silence. Why ?

I mean, we are not even seeing the wishy washy "This would be disappointing if the allegations are true" speeches.

Could this be .... as the Barbers have said here on local media - because everyone does it ?

I'm not condoning what the Pats did .... but the deafening silence has to speak volumes about what actually goes on behind the scenes in this league.

R
  2. mdhprime

mdhprime Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

This is a very interesting point and one that none of the media that I've heard has mentioned so far. Well, Kornheiser touched on it a little. It may be the most telling aspect of the whole story.
  3. 1BoltFan Here4Fun

1BoltFan Here4Fun Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Right on. This is far more important than preparing for their upcoming games.
  4. letekro

letekro Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 2 / -3

Tomlinson has spoken twice on the issue. Both times implying that the Patriots are cheaters and do this sort of thing frequently.

And Mike Tomlin, Steelers HC, made some brief comments to the effect that it wouldn't surprise him if the Patriots were guilty.
  5. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Fischer and an "unnamed source" (Polian) have gotten into it, but that's expected.
  6. paragon11

paragon11 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm guessing other teams are more worried about game planning for their next opponent that commenting on an issue that doesn't directly involve them at this point in time.

Just a thought.

Terry
  7. Lloyd_Christmas

Lloyd_Christmas I can delete my own crap! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

Didn't Jeff Fischer comment on the incident because he is on the competition comittee? I thought he did.

Also, Mike Tomlin added his 2 cents:
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80241e69&template=with-video&confirm=true

I think the league may have told all the coaches to keep their traps shut. The media has already blown this way out of proportion as it is.
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2007
  8. RoughingthePasser

RoughingthePasser Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/cheat/news/story?id=2957893
  9. nowayback

nowayback Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

can you imagine....on dale and holley...they play the LT tape and make fun of the pats, esp dale...holley is ok. forget about den and cal. heck i would boycott the boston media. i need a dose of smerlas.
    other teams are just hoping the pats get penalized...they dont feel they have to open their mouths
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.