PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deafening silence from other teams'

Status
Not open for further replies.

njpatsfan

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
We've heard from the talking heads. We've heard from the bloggers. We've heard from every jackass fan on the planet.

But where are all the other team's coaches and offices on this issue ?

So far none have gone on the record ... at all. Complete silence. Why ?

I mean, we are not even seeing the wishy washy "This would be disappointing if the allegations are true" speeches.

Could this be .... as the Barbers have said here on local media - because everyone does it ?

I'm not condoning what the Pats did .... but the deafening silence has to speak volumes about what actually goes on behind the scenes in this league.

R

We've heard from the talking heads. We've heard from the bloggers. We've heard from every jackass fan on the planet.

I mean, we are not even seeing the wishy washy "This would be disappointing if the allegations are true" speeches.

Could this be .... as the Barbers have said here on local media - because everyone does it ?

I'm not condoning what the Pats did .... but the deafening silence has to speak volumes about what actually goes on behind the scenes in this league.

R

This is a very interesting point and one that none of the media that I've heard has mentioned so far. Well, Kornheiser touched on it a little. It may be the most telling aspect of the whole story.

R
Right on. This is far more important than preparing for their upcoming games.

Tomlinson has spoken twice on the issue. Both times implying that the Patriots are cheaters and do this sort of thing frequently.

And Mike Tomlin, Steelers HC, made some brief comments to the effect that it wouldn't surprise him if the Patriots were guilty.

Fischer and an "unnamed source" (Polian) have gotten into it, but that's expected.

I'm guessing other teams are more worried about game planning for their next opponent that commenting on an issue that doesn't directly involve them at this point in time.

Just a thought.

Terry

Didn't Jeff Fischer comment on the incident because he is on the competition comittee? I thought he did.

Also, Mike Tomlin added his 2 cents:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80241e69&template=with-video&confirm=true

I think the league may have told all the coaches to keep their traps shut. The media has already blown this way out of proportion as it is.

Last edited:

R

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/cheat/news/story?id=2957893

can you imagine....on dale and holley...they play the LT tape and make fun of the pats, esp dale...holley is ok. forget about den and cal. heck i would boycott the boston media. i need a dose of smerlas.
other teams are just hoping the pats get penalized...they dont feel they have to open their mouths

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots