PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deadline to use the franchise tag is 4 PM Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.
nine minutes to go and still nothing, at least not from Reiss...

nine minutes to go and still nothing, at least not from Reiss...

Like reiss said though all that has to happen in 9 minutes is the Patriots need to have it filed with the league but it could still take a little bit to get out to the media.

honestly though, what would be the point in waiting until the last nine minutes?

If the Pats haven't franchised by now, it looks like they are not going to.

Franchise Tag is bad news for Moss. He would be foolish not to hit the open market NOW. He is coming off a MONSTER year, unlikely to ever be repeated.

To accept a Franchise tag will mean he will hit the market next year another year older, and likely with much lower numbers. MUCH LESS negotiating leverage.

I'm his agent, I am telling the Pats if they Franchise, Moss holds out, and telling Moss to hit the open market...Jags will overpay for him, fo sho.

That is, of course, assuming that Moss is all about the $$. By all indications, that is not the case.

Re: Deadline to use the franchise tag is 4pm tomorrow

Well its past 4pm now,did Moss turn into a pumpkin?

deadline has passed..........

ANYONE GOT ANYTHING GIMME GIMME GIMME....

I never believed the Pats would tag Randy. I think they have a handshake deal and the Pats are confident that Randy will honor that deal. At least that is my take on the matter.

That is, of course, assuming that Moss is all about the $$. By all indications, that is not the case.

How do you figure? He had no negotiating leverage when he signed with the Pats. He was a has been, cancer, who had lost a step...come on. Be Fo Rizzel.

JC they better franchise him, we could have a handshake deal in place but as moss would say GOLLY we can't risk the franchise on that can we?
I want to hear something soon i'm starting to worry.

How do you figure? He had no negotiating leverage when he signed with the Pats. He was a has been, cancer, who had lost a step...come on. Be Fo Rizzel.

Yes, what you say is true if you listen to the mediots. Reality is that Moss wasn't a cancer, hadn't lost a step, and his teammates were standing up for him.

Moss had a choice. Either get traded to a team that had the potential of going to the SB in GB or NE or test the FA market and hope someone would sign him to a decent contract. He chose the former and he had some leverage.

Many people will say that Randy had a successful year because of Brady and the Pats. Not because Randy was good. However, Randy has also been on record as stating that he wants to remain with the Patriots because of the rapport he has with Brady and because of BB. Until I see otherwise, I have no reason to believe Randy is lying.

JC they better franchise him, we could have a handshake deal in place but as moss would say GOLLY we can't risk the franchise on that can we?
I want to hear something soon i'm starting to worry.

First off, the Patriots wouldn't be risking the franchise on Moss backing out of the deal.

Secondly, what makes you believe that Moss would back out on a deal?

Randy Moss, on EEI: "I'm not going to break Mr. Kraft's bank..For anyone else, I'm gonna break their bank".

Guys, not that I am sure Moss will be franchised, but a lot of news are released by the Pats a few hours after the deadline. So, don't panick....for now. ;)

Randy Moss, on EEI: "I'm not going to break Mr. Kraft's bank..For anyone else, I'm gonna break their bank".

That's good news. When did he say that ???

Yes, what you say is true if you listen to the mediots. Reality is that Moss wasn't a cancer, hadn't lost a step, and his teammates were standing up for him..

I think you are being naive if you think that teams thought he would be the good soldier he was in Patsville and not the cancer he had made himself out to be in Oakland. Pats got him cheap because the market dictated he go cheap. NO ONE jumped on him. See Packers. By the way, his numbers were pedestrian, he wasn't even the best reciever on his team in Oak Town. He was lazy, and mentally shot.

Moss had a choice. Either get traded to a team that had the potential of going to the SB in GB or NE or test the FA market and hope someone would sign him to a decent contract. He chose the former and he had some leverage. .

He had no leverage. See his contract...written completely in favor of Pats brass.

Many people will say that Randy had a successful year because of Brady and the Pats. Not because Randy was good. However, Randy has also been on record as stating that he wants to remain with the Patriots because of the rapport he has with Brady and because of BB. Until I see otherwise, I have no reason to believe Randy is lying.

I'm sure Branch said the same thing. And Givens. And Law.

Reality check time. Benjamins talk.

Last edited:
Iron Helmut, sounds like your hoping Moss causes trouble. So far everything he's said is a lot different then Branch's situation !

According to EEI, Moss has not been franchised.

ETA: This was on the Big-O, they say according to Reiss' blog. But, that doesn't mean Moss has not been signed. They just can't announce that yet if he has a contract. So all is not lost.

Last edited:
Iron Helmut, sounds like your hoping Moss causes trouble. So far everything he's said is a lot different then Branch's situation !

No...actually, I am just trying to look at it from a business perspective. I don't think it makes business sense for Moss not to test the waters.

No...actually, I am just trying to look at it from a business perspective. I don't think it makes business sense for Moss not to test the waters.

OK, my bad. I just think he's not as interested in making the most he can, been there done that ! I think for him it comes down to who will get him back to the big game faster then the Patriots. I don't think he'll find another team with a better chance to get him back there, then the Patriots.

OK, my bad. I just think he's not as interested in making the most he can, been there done that ! I think for him it comes down to who will get him back to the big game faster then the Patriots. I don't think he'll find another team with a better chance to get him back there, then the Patriots.

I think taking a monster deal with a team like Jacksonville would give him the best of all worlds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back