PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deaderick and Weston: thow-away picks? Probably not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deadrick is a starter now, with a couple of good game performances under his belt. Good show lat Sunday. He is humble too judging from his interviews with Rappaport and Reiss.

Of the UDFA WRs mentioned above, Ajirotutu is a star in San Diego and Blair White might be on the field for the Colts this week.

Yeah, Blair White and Scott Long were my two favorite Free Agent Wide Outs, this Spring, along with Steve Williams and Dave Nelson. If it was up to me, we'd haul in about 20 FA's every single Spring...Of course, Coach Bill pretty much does that, anyway, bless his heart!! :D

I think Levi Brown has some upside. The arm is not that great, but he makes plays. Good call on him.

And yet the Pats went and signed . . . Jonathan Crompton to the PS. :confused:

And yet the Pats went and signed . . . Jonathan Crompton to the PS. :confused:
Crompton has more physical upside than Brown. He appears to be coachable, as his improvement from Junior to Senior indicates. I'd say NE went for the prospect with more upside potential, I can live with that.

IDK. I still think I'd have preferred either Ajirotutu or White to Taylor Price (and maybe taken CB Alterraun Verner at Price's spot) - fully acknowledging, of course, that neither Ajirotutu not White might have seen the field at all this season of not for incredible runs of injuries for their respective teams.

Of course, I keep hoping that Price will show up on the gameday active list one Sunday soon out of the blue and then proceed to turn some hapless DB into a crispy critter. Twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes