Welcome to PatsFans.com

Dead

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +969 / 2 / -9

63 Dead in Obama's War, where have all the Anti War Phony's Gone.........:confused:

Poor little Muslims still in Gitmo, John Fonda Kerry was all upset over them when Bush was around now he's out sailing around on his trillion dollar yacht and has forgotten all about "The Muslims"

BRING THE TROOPS HOME (sean penn -- susan sarandon -- where are you)

War Dead (nobody cares now, Bush is gone)
    July is deadliest month of Afghan war for US - Yahoo! News

Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +492 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

Harry,

EVERYONE agrees with you regarding your comments above. Liberals and conservatives share your views on this issue even if some won't comment.

Please continue to bring this topic up every week or so.

It's the truth.

3. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +969 / 2 / -9

Isn't it something the way they went after Bush on this but went "Dead Silent" the day the Prince Was Coronated.

Get Bush (thats all they wanted)

4. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,770 / 35 / -29

#87 Jersey

Code Pink has turned their sights on air conditioning:

[​IMG]

5. JackBauer

JackBauer Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +860 / 6 / -9

How is this the truth? Anyone who didn't have their head up their ass during the presidential election knew Obama would be hawkish on Afghanistan.

That's not to say that the war isn't going horribly; as much as people love to criticize Biden, I think his strategy is more apt for fighting the war in Afghanistan than the COIN efforts currently being used. We're never going to build anything out of that ****pile, unless people can accept a decades-long commitment there.

I think it's also emblematic of our dysfunctional government that there's also effectively no way for Obama to leave.

6. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +361 / 9 / -13

See this isn't about Obama Jack, try to keep up with Harry it is about the hypocrisy of the people on the left, who labeled Bush a war criminal whose silence is deafening now.

7. TBradyOwnsYou

TBradyOwnsYou 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This last month has been hell, it's true, and our current ROE is the cause in my opinion. We simply can not defeat an enemy that we aren't allowed to properly engage or detain. Not to mention 50 other reasons, but after this last month I've become extremely disheartened and disillusioned and would almost rather just pull out than stay here.

8. JackBauer

JackBauer Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +860 / 6 / -9

Yes, as if there's no difference between the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. Terrific argument.

9. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I have acutally seen a few people staying consistent on their anti-war stance, and I applaud them for their non-partisanship. In the next town over from where I live, there are some older protesters that used to be out every Saturday since the whole windup into Afghanistan, and subsequently Iraq, started. They had a few signs against Bush, but most were just anti-war slogans. During the 2008 election, I wondered whether or not I would see them after January 2009. Sure enough, those folks are still there.

Good for them for being consistent and transcending this uber-partisan environment. I don't begrudge anyone their opinions, even if I disagree, and it's refreshing to see some good old-fashioned convictions that aren't affected by a (D) or (R) after a name.

10. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +339 / 6 / -4

#91 Jersey

Bush the war criminal had little or nothing to do with Afghanistan, it was about Iraq.

11. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +339 / 6 / -4

#91 Jersey

Its time to extricate ourselves for Afghanistan, maybe if we had focused on Afghanistan exclusively from the start we could of achived something, but its to late now IMO.

12. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +703 / 20 / -30

War is a bytch.. particularly ones based on the lies of an egomaniacal presidents.. where are the WMD's...

Afghanistan = Viet Nam, deja vu all over again, sans involuntary conscription.

13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +969 / 2 / -9

They refuse to hear that, they don't want to hear that, Bush is gone now they just want silence on the wars because their Pretty Little Poster Boy is now the Commander, the buck now stops on the desk of General Jug Ears.

PRESIDENT JUG EARS HAS THE POWER TO STOP BOTH WARS AND CLOSE GITMO TODAY

14. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Wise words HB, very wise words.

Isn't it interesting that it's only you and I who keep resurrecting this topic;) I stopped the Honor Roll thread because PBS stopped posting their moment of silence videos but I still keep my "treating our troops like disposable crap" aka drugged warriors thread updated every now and again.

Cindy Sheehan would indeed be proud of us:rocker:

That said, protesting has become risky business these last few years, except for AZ of course. Union workers and reps arrived by the busloads to protest the immigration law and from the footage I saw, no LRADs, no military. Go figure. I guess they save all that power and "non-lethal" weaponry for other kinds of protests.

Hypocrisy rules.