PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DE Titus Adams signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2008/07/pats_sign_titus.html

Pats sign Titus Adams
Posted by Mike Reiss, Globe Staff
July 24, 2008 08:44 AM

The Patriots announced the signing of free-agent defensive lineman Titus Adams today.

Here is part of the team's press release:

Adams, 25, was originally selected by the New York Jets in the seventh round of the 2006 NFL Draft out of Nebraska. The 6-foot-4-inch, 305-pound defensive lineman has not played in an NFL game, but has been signed by the New York Jets (2006 training camp), New York Giants (2007 offseason), San Diego Chargers (2007 training camp) and Cincinnati Bengals (2007 practice squad). He was released by the Bengals on July 7, 2008.

Technically Mayo hasn't been signed yet, so once he does, they'll have to cut someone.

Last edited:
The Pats don't necessarily have to cut someone. They could move one of the guys from the PUP list to the IR, which would free up a spot as well.

The Pats don't necessarily have to cut someone. They could move one of the guys from the PUP list to the IR, which would free up a spot as well.

Well, let's hope that's not the case!

Not even that....from the ACTIVE PUP list to the Season PUP list..meaning they will miss the first 6 games..the season PUP does not count against the 80.

Not even that....from the ACTIVE PUP list to the Season PUP list..meaning they will miss the first 6 games..the season PUP does not count against the 80.

Again, let's hope that's not the case! I'd rather see someone like Adams or Dillard cut than see someone go to R/PUP, a la Seymour last year.

Again, let's hope that's not the case! I'd rather see someone like Adams or Dillard cut than see someone go to R/PUP, a la Seymour last year.
I agree...last year..there were some count issues early on in camp..and I really believe that Brown and CJackson were PUPed a lot earlier..so others could be in camp..other years, they have added to PUP after the third game..but I agree that is not a great option... On the other hand, if there is a player that really has no chance of getting ready in a month or so, PUP makes a lot of sense.

I agree...last year..there were some count issues early on in camp..and I really believe that Brown and CJackson were PUPed a lot earlier..so others could be in camp..other years, they have added to PUP after the third game..but I agree that is not a great option... On the other hand, if there is a player that really has no chance of getting ready in a month or so, PUP makes a lot of sense.
I'll bet some rook or street veteran FA failed the conditioning test in a big way and they've already decided to release him and Adams was signed instead. Not necessarily as a positional replacement, but as a better use of the roster spot.

Well, if anything, the guy has a badass name. :singing:

With Green and Wright both on the PUP list they do need another body on the D-line. The scouting report on this kid is pretty good for a camp body, he should provide good competition and who knows maybe even surprise. Seems like a long shot on this D-line though. He does have good size and is thickly built with a strong lower body. He has good initial quickness and is mobile for a big man. Has balance and is best at standing up OL and crashing the gap. He has good read & recognition skills and uses his hands to get off blocks. He takes good angles to the ball and is a powerful tackler. Is disruptive vs the run. Very durable, never missing a game at Nebraska. Has played better as a shaded DT so far in his career. Is he a one gap or two gap player?? Is he disciplined enough to handle the Pats D? Can he play head-up on an offensive lineman? There are certainly questions with this player but they do need another camp body and he seems to be a competitor that will give the line some good looks in camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes