PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DE/OLB Brian Robison was one of the official visits...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seneschal2

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Here's someone who several here were very high on, and IIRC, was the main topic in a few threads. He ended up being selected by the Vikes with their fourth round pick (102 overall). It's entirely possible, that after the graceful scoop of one Stewart Bradley by you-know-who in round three, the Pats next target may have been this DE/OLB prospect with their fourth round pick (128 overall), rather than DT Kareem Brown.

Pure speculation I know, but failing to land Bradley, it remains possible that BB & Co. were still seeking to add youth to the LB corps -- and Robison was one of the few remaining hopeful targets.

Brian Robison - Draft Diary

Overall, I think all the trips went well. In Philly, I spoke with the linebackers coach and also the defensive line coach. They had me slated as a defensive end/linebacker-type guy. When I went to St. Louis, I spoke with the defensive line coach, head coach and general manager. The Rams had me slotted as a defensive end.

With the Jets visit, they had me slotted as an outside linebacker, so I spoke with the defensive coordinator, player personnel director, head coach, linebackers coach, and all the other guys on the staff. When I went out to New England, I did the same thing—spoke with their whole staff. The Patriots visit was probably the best one overall—they just showed a lot of interest in me. The Jets and Patriots sat me down and basically tried to see how fast I could learn the defenses. They all went well, and I'm definitely interested in all the teams I've met with.

Last edited:
Here's someone who several here were very high on, and IIRC, was the main topic in a few threads. He ended up being selected by the Vikes with their fourth round pick (102 overall). It's entirely possible, that after the graceful scoop of one Stewart Bradley by you-know-who in round three, the Pats next target may have been this DE/OLB prospect with their fourth round pick (128 overall), rather than DT Kareem Brown.

Pure speculation I know, but failing to land Bradley, it remains possible that BB & Co. were still seeking to add youth to the LB corps -- and Robison was one of the few remaining hopeful targets.

Brian Robison - Draft Diary

I had a big list of the players I liked the most for NE's defense, and he was among the LB's on my list. I would have liked picking him up. I'm not really sure they would have taken him over Kareem though, since Pioli really likes him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back