PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DC Inquiry (Pats or Red Socks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwdjr

Rookie
Reaction score
If they both played at the same time who would get the highest ratings ? The Skins will always be the 1st love in DC.

Just curious.

If they both played at the same time who would get the highest ratings ? The Skins will always be the 1st love in DC.

Just curious.

depends on the level of the game..if its World Series Game 7 vs a regular season Pats Game against Dolphins...then the world series...

if its regular season vs. regular season...i would guess Pats...as of right now

Probably Patriots. It depends, though. A lot of people are content to check baseball scores, but prefer to watch football (unsubstantiated clam).

Just curious.
My bad, REDSOX.

theres a thread buried here somewhere that says that the NE-Dallas game had on sunday afternoon had a higher rating than the sox playoff game on the same day

theres a thread buried here somewhere that says that the NE-Dallas game had on sunday afternoon had a higher rating than the sox playoff game on the same day

I think this is true. Although, the fact that a baseball playoff series is 7 games and a football game is 1 game has to enter the discussion. Unless it is a clinching game, I would imagine that the desire to watch is less.

I think this is true. Although, the fact that a baseball playoff series is 7 games and a football game is 1 game has to enter the discussion. Unless it is a clinching game, I would imagine that the desire to watch is less.
The media makes is sound like you guys are suicidal over the SOX.

The media makes is sound like you guys are suicidal over the SOX.

There are people in NE that are die hard Sox fans. A Patriots board is probably one of the less likely places to find them. A good Sox messageboard is Sons of Sam Horn (or something of the like).

Just curious.

as a sports fan, I enjoy watching the success of many different teams in many different sports

Celtics are looking good

Bruins are looking better

Red Sox are in the World Series

Patriots are undefeated and setting records

Boston College Eagles are #2 and just delivered a *****slap comeback against VT

UNH Wildcats are vying for a playoff berth

Hockey East is a hotbed of college hockey

Maybe living in the DC area, one has little to enjoy, but up here--it rains titles

btw--the Skins aren't the #1 love in DC--they are firmly behind back alley politicking, pork barrelling, crack smoking, page ****ing and gratuitous scandal repporting

Last edited:
They actually went head to head on TV during the 2nd weekend of the NFL season.

Sunday Night September 16th.

Pats-Chargers easily beat the Red Sox-Yankees (Schilling against Clemens with the Yankees only 2 games behind the Sox) in the Boston TV market (approx 40 share to 31 share)

here we go again:D

ya, lets beat the F**K out of this already dead horse. some on this board like only the Patriots, some like only the REDSOX, and some like both.

The ones that like the Pats only, get histerical when the Sox are brought up and visa versa.

I love both and if they were both on at the same time, i would flip back and forth.

In your case it's Skins versus Expos. Not a true comparison to Pats Sox.

Pats win ratings, but a big part of that is the nature of the sports.

I'm a bigger Sox fan than Pats fan. If I could only watch one team for the rest of my life I'd choose the Sox.

On Sunday I'd always choose the Pats (though who chooses when you have DVR), knowing I could watch the Sox on Monday-Saturday. 1 game out of 16 is much more important than 1 game out of 162.

Just curious.

The Patriots all the way. They had better ratings than the Sox in game 3 of the Angel series. The Patriots are slowly but surely taking over the "top dog" position in Boston.

The Patriots all the way. They had better ratings than the Sox in game 3 of the Angel series. The Patriots are slowly but surely taking over the "top dog" position in Boston.
what i dont understand is why any patriots fan cares who is watched more .i love all the boston sports teams .i could careless if the redsox get a worse tv rating then the pats :confused: .i just want them both to win .

Take this sunday, pats game at 415 on fox follow by red sox game 4 WS at 8. To me, that a nice feeling of watching 2 of my favorite teams back to back.

Take this sunday, pats game at 415 on fox follow by red sox game 4 WS at 8. To me, that a nice feeling of watching 2 of my favorite teams back to back.

Yeah but I'm freakin' exhausted. I have only so much rooting power.

Too bad their wasn't a Celtics reg. game on at 1 and I'd really be in heaven.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing