PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DBs Playing Way Off WR

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Grrrrrrr. Are our CB so bad now that we can't even play up on the line like we used to ? Or am I just remembering wrong ? When our guys are 10 yards off those WR it's like damn pitch and catch. I was looking for an aggressive bump and run to disrupt the timing and we got ****sy ball. Obviously that's what the coaches decided - I guess our CB just blow at playing physical.

:mad:

BelichickFan said:
Grrrrrrr. Are our CB so bad now that we can't even play up on the line like we used to ? Or am I just remembering wrong ? When our guys are 10 yards off those WR it's like damn pitch and catch. I was looking for an aggressive bump and run to disrupt the timing and we got ****sy ball. Obviously that's what the coaches decided - I guess our CB just blow at playing physical.

:mad:

Good point. Not only that, but their tight ends got wide open for some important catches. Way too much cushion for the Indy receivers all night. HOWEVER, I think it must be kept in mind both our starting safeties were out, so that might have affected coverages.

Last edited:
Why wasn't Asante playing Harrison?

Also, seemed like they just had the receivers go deep, then stop and come back to get many of the sideline passes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back