Status
Not open for further replies.

notex

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
who should we expect back next year?
can we expect anything from
Poole, Gay, Starks, or scott

how about the situation with Harrison, can scott or sanders progress well enough to make an impact

notex said:

how about the situation with Harrison, can scott or sanders progress well enough to make an impact

I expect Gay to be back. Scott might be back too. But I pray to the football Gods that Poole and Starks days in a Patriot Uniform are over. We can do better, IMO.

notex said:

I would say that Gay and C. Scott would be people we should expect back. Starks could be back if he restructures his contract. Poole is most assuradly gone.

I believe Sanders is already making an impact. He's been on the field in some Dime situations. Also, I think that we will see Artrell Hawkins back as a safety. And don't forget Michael Stone, who has been very formidable on special teams and played pretty well when given the chance.

Ideally I expect the Pats to bring 15 or 16 DBs to camp next year. I'm hoping we draft a CB very high in the draft. I like Hill of Clemson. I also expect us to sign/trade for a veteran SS. Although I reads the newspaper about Harrison back without crutches. Wow either he is a fast healer or the reports about 3 damaged ligaments were wrong.

I also agree that Poole should be gone. Starks needs a major pay cut to stay. Regardless of what others may say, I would not mind seeing Law back with us. However I think BB has moved on as far as he is concerned.

DefenseRules said:
I expect Gay to be back. Scott might be back too. But I pray to the football Gods that Poole and Starks days in a Patriot Uniform are over. We can do better, IMO.

Even though he played horribly, if you consider how bad the medical reports on his shoulder were, I hope the Pats give him another chance.

He may be very motivated to prove to everyone that last year was a fluke...and competent CBs aren't exactly falling out of trees.

Saves us a pick to use on another need too....like a young RB.

The Gr8est said:
Even though he played horribly, if you consider how bad the medical reports on his shoulder were, I hope the Pats give him another chance.

He may be very motivated to prove to everyone that last year was a fluke...and competent CBs aren't exactly falling out of trees.

Saves us a pick to use on another need too....like a young RB.

My thoughts exactly. Though we still probably go CB with our first rounder.

Even *if* Lendale is there.

Guss Scott will be back, he's an ERFA. He's cheap and missed his entire rookie season and half this season so it's too early to write him off -- he's no lock to make the team but will at least be in camp.

DaBruinz said:
I would say that Gay and C. Scott would be people we should expect back. Starks could be back if he restructures his contract. Poole is most assuradly gone.

I believe Sanders is already making an impact. He's been on the field in some Dime situations. Also, I think that we will see Artrell Hawkins back as a safety. And don't forget Michael Stone, who has been very formidable on special teams and played pretty well when given the chance.

I have to beleive TP and DS will be gone. Not sure what the cap hit is if we cut Starks? I think they will draft a DB in rd1. Laron Landry, Richard Marshall or Mike Huff are a few that could be high on our list.
I also think that Ty Law will be back, it has to be killling him not playing in the post season. Even if he has lost a step he could be a very effictive FS, thus enabling them to move EW back to CB.

Suprised Ellis Hobbs has not been mentioned. I'm an Iowa State fan and I watched him for the 4 years he was here. He's a big play guy, just give him some time to mature. He's definitly stepped it up this year. He didn't even expect to get any time and over the past few weeks I believe he's been starting?

LiquidBlue said:
Suprised Ellis Hobbs has not been mentioned. I'm an Iowa State fan and I watched him for the 4 years he was here. He's a big play guy, just give him some time to mature. He's definitly stepped it up this year. He didn't even expect to get any time and over the past few weeks I believe he's been starting?

There's no question Hobbs will be around next year and beyond. I think the future of a guy like Starks is MUCH more debatable.

NOWAKJOE said:
I have to beleive TP and DS will be gone. Not sure what the cap hit is if we cut Starks? I think they will draft a DB in rd1. Laron Landry, Richard Marshall or Mike Huff are a few that could be high on our list.
I also think that Ty Law will be back, it has to be killling him not playing in the post season. Even if he has lost a step he could be a very effictive FS, thus enabling them to move EW back to CB.

Why would you want to believe that Duane Starks is gone? Because he played through his injury as best as he could? I've never had a shoulder injury like his, but just from the muscle spasms I've had around the interior angle of my scapula, I can tell you it can be debilitating.

Why would you move Eugene Wilson to Corner? A position he's only played a handfull of times since coming out of college. Geno had been very good to near ALL-PRO and he's only in his 3rd year at the position.

As for Ty Law being back, I am not betting on that. All the reports about him out of New York have been more negative than positive.

DaBruinz said:
Why would you want to believe that Duane Starks is gone? Because he played through his injury as best as he could? I've never had a shoulder injury like his, but just from the muscle spasms I've had around the interior angle of my scapula, I can tell you it can be debilitating.

Why would you move Eugene Wilson to Corner? A position he's only played a handfull of times since coming out of college. Geno had been very good to near ALL-PRO and he's only in his 3rd year at the position.

As for Ty Law being back, I am not betting on that. All the reports about him out of New York have been more negative than positive.

DS is due 3.6 mil next year. Do you think he is worth anything close to that?If we cut him I think the cap hit is 1.5 mil I believe. That still saves us 2.1 mil. You can find FA CB's better than DS for that money.
As for EW moving to CB and TL playing FS. I only brought up that scenario if TL wasn't effictive as a CB. And given a full off season to get back into shape he can still be a excellent CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back