Welcome to PatsFans.com

Day 3 Observations from Reiss

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by DaBruinz, Jul 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +330 / 20 / -48

#50 Jersey

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  2. WhiZa

WhiZa Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

RBs usually don't have much of a learning curve when entering the NFL so that's not a good sign for Vereen. Thankfully we drafted 2 last year.

I'm also surprised about Bequette. All he does is rush the passer. I wonder if BB is asking him to do more and he's thinking too much.
  3. BritPat

BritPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +189 / 3 / -3

#54 Jersey

Reiss has confirmed elsewhere that Francis' knee injury was actually just cramp.
  4. PP2

PP2 Rookie

Ratings:
    +240 / 3 / -3

#12 Jersey

Speaking of Vereen and the RB corp- the practice didn't really end on a good note. They did goal line situational football. Ridley was 0 for 2, and Vereen was 1 for 2. He scored off the edge but then fumbled the ball on the next carry up the middle.

Otherwise a solid practice. The offense is really in sync, and of course it's too early to tell how they'll handle coverage-dictated routes, but it was really refreshing to see them execute without error. No balls sailing over anyone's head, nobody holding out their hands, palms up, in that "who, me?" posture.

One thing that stood out to me is that Hernandez is running many of the same routes Welker did, including lining up in the slot, and that makes me think that a possible scenario is that they may let elect to let Welker go after this season in order to be able to lock up Hernandez long term.
  5. BananaRepublican

BananaRepublican Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

There is no question that if given the mandate to trade one or the other it will be the old guy. I think they can retain Wes with an 11.4 million dollar franchise tag next year, and they should unless somebody like Hernandez demands a rewrite at too much dough. In that case go with Hernandez. Definitely. Definitely do not let that kid go. Don't forget he reached 79 balls in only 14 games playing next to a ball hog named Gronk. This kid is ultra slick and could out Gronk Gronk if given the opportunity.

What happens if Gronk missing the two games? I think we see a double back flip with the league going gaga over Hernandez. Well, unless it's Lloyd's year. Something tells me Lloyd is going to change the dynamics completely.
  6. Bella*chick

Bella*chick Addicted to the light

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Reading about how well Lloyd is doing here so far is so very, very awesome. I wish I could go to training camp again and see it in person.
  7. Patjew

Patjew PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +123 / 2 / -1

No Jersey Selected

I love that Ihedigbo is already pretending to be injured. That is commitment to the craft.
  8. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +495 / 6 / -7

Bedard's up too: Practice rundown #3 - Extra Points - Boston.com

Also had some effusive praise for Fanene.

9. supafly

supafly PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +742 / 6 / -7

#24 Jersey

James seems to get injured in the locker room prior to even hitting the field. I don't mind him as camp fodder, possibly even as a last resort safety who likely won't see the field. His competition should be increased tremendously with T.Wilson, Gregory, a healthy Chung, Barrett, and now Will Allen; so my guess is that he's on the outside looking in and will be here to take the brunt of the TC reps.

Hope all is well Dave, take care buddy.
  10. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

I try and read them all but they are at times either at odds with each other or saw things differently or didn't all see the same thing or all focused on one or two things...

I really miss Mrs. B. She was a just the facts mam set of eyes on the practice field who didn't miss much and didn't bring a lot of preconceived notions to the mix.
  11. pats_premi

pats_premi Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I understand it is early and I shouldn't say anything negative ... but the secondary seems to be allowing the pass completions as if there are DB's on the field. I think the offense had the same number of incompletions when they were practicing against air (due to over/under thrown or drop passes).
  12. Walpole Pats Fan

Walpole Pats Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0

#54 Jersey

Interesting about Vereen, but I tend to take Reiss's player analysis with a grain of salt. I tend to lean toward Bedard and now Field Yates as well when it comes to analyzing the players as they seem to be a bit more accurate.
  13. Patjew

Patjew PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +123 / 2 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Thanks Supa, same to you bud. We're hanging in there and having a pretty OK summer. Take care.
  14. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +162 / 7 / -13

Lloyd was my FA binkey and it looks good so far.
  15. Brady'sButtBoy

Brady'sButtBoy Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 3 / -1

#12 Jersey

It's good to see your sharp wit working. Hope time is making each day a little easier. (hope this is right) Itchem betzarchem.
  16. Aßßynormal

Aßßynormal PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

That's how Bruschi started out. It will take time for him to develop but he needs to do at least one thing very well to make the 45.
  17. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +287 / 19 / -2

Agreed...........

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  18. PatsFan37

PatsFan37 Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -1

#37 Jersey

I strongly disagree with your disagreeing. I think you're both in agreement. Read his post again. ;)
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  19. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +287 / 19 / -2

Reading comprehension is a wonderful thing. I edited my post. :)

20. DocHoliday

DocHoliday Rookie

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -1

Good to see Edelman showing up. I'm convinced he just hasn't had a chance. Kid doesn't get on the field cause Welker won't leave it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.