PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Day 3 Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
As of now, we pick 15th. He are 16 players available.

DL/LB
Griffen
Wootton
Jones
Lane
C. Thomas
Woods
Sapp
Norwood
Gibson

RB
Blount
Dwyer

TE
Pitta
****erson
Hernandez

OT
Campbell

Last edited:
Like Wooton...no love for my boy Austen Lane?!?!

We only can have so many rookies so I hope we trade up with some or into next year and just use the ones we can't trade.

I would be happy with getting a solid DL,OL and RB tomorrow.

Amazing how far Campbell has dropped. Crazy uncle Al didn't even want to take a chance.

I really like Dywer.

I believe they have a mid 4th, mid 5th, and about 18 7th round picks, right?

They are definitely going to be making more trades. As of now, they have 13 picks in the draft with 8 coming tomorrow. That is a ton of ammunition and I think that today showed BB is going to use it. My guess is they make a package to move up in the 4th from 113, another package to move up from their spot at 150 and then use their compensatory picks for the 6th and 7th round.

****son got picked by the Ravens at 70
Moeaki to the Chiefs at 93

MG, no assumption that one of the compensatory picks gets used on a punter?

I'd like to find Kevin Faulk's replacement (to groom for 2-3 years down the road) tomorrow. I think another TE might make some sense and, depending on how they feel about their 2nd year DE's, maybe another DE. I REALLY like Ricky Sapp at this point of draft. I'd move up for him with some of the many picks we have.

Al Woods is one of the few 3-4 DE prospects left. I'm not a big fan but he could become a value pick really fast tomorrow.

Joe McKnight and James Starks (my pick) could be available at #113. Both are solid catching passes out to the backfield.

Still have some solid pass catching TEs that could slip all the way into the 5th. Pitta, McCoy, Hernandez...could you imagine coming away with Gronk AND one of these guys?

There are also some talented WRs that should be available late. Ajirotutu, Blair White, Scott Long, Freddie Barnes. Have to use those comp picks on someone.

Like to get Sapp or Lane.

Put this in the Official pre day 3 thread, but here seems good, too. Why not? :D

This just in from my NFL Mobile Live app:

Pats called Everson Griffen (DE USC) and they were going to pick him but ended up making the trade with Panthers to get Price. Expect that Pats will try for Griffen again tomorrow.

Per Jason LaCanfora

EDIT: Ian just posted in the other thread that Reiss, SMY, etc. report Pats said it never happened. Ah well, I tried to bring some scoop! :( :D

Last edited:
Don't forget Brandon Deaderick...we need another brandon anyway.

that would be 3 on defense.

wooten is too light for DE and isn't agile enough for OLB, IMO, so I'm not sure how he's a fit.:bricks:

Sapp, Griffin, Selvie.. By the by, what happened to Selvie? Talk about falling off the map, wasn't he a preseason all-american two seasons ago?

Amazing how far Campbell has dropped. Crazy uncle Al didn't even want to take a chance.

Mike Lombardi said that Raiders execs used to doctor 40 times of athletic players who couldn't play football, maybe that's why Al hasn't drafted him :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes