PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Day 2 and 3 targets...

BritPat

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I know most of us are plotting world domination with our first and second round choices, but who and what would you like to see on day two and three specifically?

I see our day one needs as (in no specific order) D-line, pass rush, O-line. Also depending on what happens in the post-season and then with the TE's and RB's, one of RB, TE and WR might come into consideration, buit I'd like to see the following on day two and three:

Blocking TE
3rd down/slash back
Developmental WR
Developmental QB

I know there's a thread about Day 3 QB's and myself and one of the other chaps on here mentioned Tim Hiller (WMU Broncos) as a project QB. If not him, Dan LeFevour would be a superb pick up.

And it's him that's put me on to the developmental WR I'd like to see - Bryan Anderson, CMU Chippewas. 6'5", 215lbs, supposedly runs in the 4.5's. Fantastic hands from the footage I've seen, and looks a good route runner.

There's another kid opposite him that looks even better, Antonio Brown, but he's only a junior and likely won't come out. Definitely warrants attention for next year though, especially with his return skills. Lightening fast.

In terms of the slash back, I've seen McCluster's name mentioned - I'm on board there, although I see Devine being just as productive and probably a better runner.

Blocking TE - NEP Draft, thanks for putting us on to Moeaki's blocking skills, although there's possibly Dedrick Epps and Colin Peek to consider as well (and we'll hopefully get a look at the latter shortly)

So, any more for any more?

Is it you intent to discuss 6th and 7th rounders or choice we might have with our ONE other choice after round 2, our fourth round choice?

My choice for the 4th round pick would be to try to meet one of our top needs, either picking another of what was already chosen or aposition that we did not fill. My top positions are:
OG
DE
OLB
TE
RB

I don't expect that we will fill all these needs in the first two rounds.

Blocking TE - NEP Draft, thanks for putting us on to Moeaki's blocking skills, although there's possibly Dedrick Epps and Colin Peek to consider as well (and we'll hopefully get a look at the latter shortly)

So, any more for any more?

Moeaki's blocking skills really were highlighted in the Orange Bowl, but he caught some great passes in the seam this year too. Not as fast as Watson, but more of a threat than Baker.

Is it you intent to discuss 6th and 7th rounders or choice we might have with our ONE other choice after round 2, our fourth round choice?

My choice for the 4th round pick would be to try to meet one of our top needs, either picking another of what was already chosen or aposition that we did not fill. My top positions are:
OG
DE
OLB
TE
RB

I don't expect that we will fill all these needs in the first two rounds.

Well, I'm pretty much expecting us to pick up a third rounder from somewhere so we end up with 2 picks on Day two (maybe more depending on compensatory picks) and the several we will have on day three.

I expect us to target the positions I've mentioned on Day two and three.

Moeaki's blocking skills really were highlighted in the Orange Bowl, but he caught some great passes in the seam this year too. Not as fast as Watson, but more of a threat than Baker.

Yeah, forgot to mention his pass-catching abilities. I see him as sort of a Grahambo-lite.....would you say that's a fair comparison?

I would like a Center and a bigger one at that. We need to be more physical.
Look at the Indy game and we couldn't get that yard or two when we needed it.

Other teams have gotten bigger inside, look at the Jets and we need to match up with them imo.

Yeah, forgot to mention his pass-catching abilities. I see him as sort of a Grahambo-lite.....would you say that's a fair comparison?
As a blocker, probably a little better as a receiver. (Based on the one game I saw in the Orange Bowl.)

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back