Not open for further replies.

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I don't know if you could hear it on TV, but the Patriots have a cool new feature at Gillette that was unveiled Sunday: the fog horn. The lighthouse goes black except for a bright flashing strobe and a loud fog horn sounds over the P.A. They do it when the visiting team's offense is about to break the huddle. It really gets the crowd going. :rocker:

I don't know if you could hear it on TV, but the Patriots have a cool new feature at Gillette that was unveiled Sunday: the fog horn. The lighthouse goes black except for a bright flashing strobe and a loud fog horn sounds over the P.A. They do it when the visiting team's offense is about to break the huddle. It really gets the crowd going. :rocker:

I like it. The Dolphins use a hurricane siren (supposed to be used for the U) and I always thought that was a nice touch, so we'll see how the fog horn works out.

Was wondering what that was exactly. At first I thought it was making fun of the vikings horn. I'm all for them doing stuff to rev the crowd up and make it louder - I know on PFW I've heard the producers complain about how their hands are somewhat tied in that regard.

I like it. The Dolphins use a hurricane siren (supposed to be used for the U) and I always thought that was a nice touch, so we'll see how the fog horn works out.

I remember when the Pats used an air siren but the surrounding communities complained.

Originally that lighthouse was supposed to shoot lasers up in the sky after a touchdown, but something happened where it couldn't be done. I want to say the FAA said it would be unsafe for nearby air traffic or something. These plans were in place before 9/11, but in the aftermath of that day the laser show couldn't be done. I think that's what happened...

At any rate, the foghorn is pretty cool...

I figured they were trying to create a little Pan-Massachusetts spirit. The Bruins use the same foghorn as a goal horn.

When it was played at the game, everyone around me started yelling "Bruins!", I expected to see a red light flashing behind the goal post.

I like it personally and the Patriot's organization should continue to make an effort to enhance the Patriot's home field identity. Otherwise the fans just sit on their hands trying to stay warm. It is no secret that Gillette can be subdued at times, and a good fog horn blast can't hurt.

I love the idea b/c it fits the area...... Boston was once a great port.:)

Obviously it is still a port today, but it is nothing like it use to be:cool:

historic significance :) You gotta love it ppl.:D

Did someone mention Foghorn?????????????????????

Foghorn-Leghorn-BoyI-say-Boy-I-approve-of-this-here-thread.jpg

The fog horn was cool.

If the vuvuzelas come out though, someone may die... :p

The fog horn was cool.

If the vuvuzelas come out though, someone may die... :p

Ooo missed last weeks game can't wait to see it today on NFL Replay if they let it play out long enough. And I'll stop watching football if ANYONE starts using those damn vuvuzelas :eek:

Ooo missed last weeks game can't wait to see it today on NFL Replay if they let it play out long enough. And I'll stop watching football if ANYONE starts using those damn vuvuzelas :eek:

It's funny, my local CFL team has been selling vuvuzelas since the 80's and if anything, their popularity has died off some. They aren't near as annoying as they are in soccer though, since the crowd is only 30,000 some.

vulvas and azaleas?}???

WTF is THIS?????????

Yeah I noticed it. Is it the same one from 'inception'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down