PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dawkins respects Harrison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remix 6

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I was watching Brian Dawkins..making his video..and they were looking for someone who sounds a little similar like him to make the sound of being pumped afte tackle .. and they asked if he would accept the Harrison one saying YEAH!.

Dawkins says: Oh yeah i'll take that.said hes not as good as him, Rodneys a mean dude but he loves him..loves game

Just to add a little to a boring off season..seeing a great safety in NFL respects another great one..both big hitters

Dawkins not as good as Harrison or Harrison not as good as Dawkins? I am confused.

sorry: in order words. Dawkins said Rodney is better. Saying hes not at Harrison's level yet

Good to see Harrison getting some good recognition from the other great safeties in the league. When Harrison is out there, I always get the feeling like our defense has the advantage over the offense. He is the leader of the defense and I figure...hey he can can keep that secondary looking good when you have some no name like Randall Gay...Troy Brown, Asante Samuel. He really led those guys in 2004 and it was amazing! It hurt to see no Harrison because I just watched how badly the secondary struggled. It was like they fell on their faces and coulnt get back up. But I know that with Bruschi, Vrabel...Colvin leading the linebackers, Seymour the D line and Rodney the secondary. If those leaders stay healthy I feel like they can do anything. Rodney is the #1 reason I look forward to next season, there are many...many things that I cant wait to see, new faces out there getting a shot to prove they can be a starter for us and a star. We are so lucky to have picked up Harrison as hes been IMO, the #1 leader of the defense for two years...obviously couldnt have been last year. And thats no disrespect to Bruschi or McGinnest what so ever. Rodneys incredible to be fighting through such an injury...hell doubters thought he would never play again, and I'm sure there are still doubters that he will ever be near the same...and I'm sure he will prove them wrong like the other thousand times he has!

Oh yeah and I love the way how tough safeties are getting to be in this league. Secondarys as a whole are getting tougher...just look at the Patriots...or even one from the last few years they have been incredibly tough and hard hitting, small guys eager to throw their bodys at recievers and runningbacks, its great. Especially some of the younger guys in our secondary. Ie. Asante Samuel's hits on Jeb Putzier...Stokely two years ago and knocking Ricky William's flat on his @ss, that was classic :)

Each superbowl had a little 'missing ingredient' added to the Pat's team. 2001 was Brady and Seymour, to hold down the no name D-Line. 2003 was Washington and Harrison, with Harrison having the most fearsome year of any player that my eyes have ever witnessed at any position. 2004 was Dillon.

It wasn't that he lead the team in tackles, it wasn't just the painful hits, it was the fact that he ran down all the plays that broke containment, and caught faster players from behind with SHEER WILLPOWER. It was him pancaking O-Lineman like in the Titans game. He was a football God for those two superbowl seasons, and he outplayed everybody else in the league, WITHOUT A QUESTION.

At least that is what Brady says.

yeah and considering both are good citizens. they are top talent at their level and they really arent ****y .. dont cry for a lot of money..dont talk trash off field .. dont act like idiots. Dawkins, as scary as he is on the field, is really a cool dude and a good role model. Only thing i remember about him that might have people hate him is that he supplexed WRs for tackles..its illegal but he didnt want to hurt him by doing that. Harrison..he was ****y before..he was considered dirty but has been clean here. Good to see 2 great players from 2 great organizations having respect for one another..not saying "im the best" and actually being good around the community and great leaders may i add

I have to agree about Harrison and Dawkins. Both are outstanding players. Rodney was sorely missed last year, not just for everything he does on the field, either. That secondary looked lost at times and I have to think not having his steady presence back there was a major reason. Hopefully he can come back from the injury at some point and at least resemble his former self. But that's a devastating injury to rebound from.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes