Davis in violation of rules...

Status
Not open for further replies.

fgssand

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
What you won't see on PFT.....

League sources have confirmed to us here at The National Football Post that the NFL League Office has sent Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis a letter informing him that he was in violation of NFL league rules when he falsely accused the New England Patriots of tampering with then Raider wide receiver Randy Moss.

The National Football Post | Davis In Violation Of League Rules

Re: Davis in violation of rules......

They should give us they Raiders 1st round pick as compensation for that false accusation and defamation of character!!!!!

The league owes us one.

League sources have confirmed to us here at The National Football Post that the NFL League Office has sent Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis a letter informing him that he was in violation of NFL league rules when he falsely accused the New England Patriots of tampering with then Raider wide receiver Randy Moss.

Wow...the league is sticking up for the Patriots! Nice to see.

I posted this earlier today, as did JSN and it was moved to the NFL forum: http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...fl-finds-al-davis-violation-league-rules.html

They should give us they Raiders 1st round pick as compensation for that false accusation and defamation of character!!!!!

The league owes us one.

better make it all their picks for the next two years, just to be safe :D

ProFootballTalk.com - REPORT OF LEAGUE FINDINGS AGAINST RAIDERS IS PREMATURE

Every day Davis becomes more irrelevant and more and more out of touch with reality....

better make it all their picks for the next two years, just to be safe :D

Or better yet, give Jamarcus Russel an "all you can eat card" to Shoney's Breakfast and Lunch Buffet good for the life of his contract and force the Radiers to play him. :)

Regardless of whatever controversy PFT is trying to stir up, the NFL by-laws are fairly clear on this topic. The Raiders never filed a tampering complaint; therefore the NFL did not investigate. Al Davis made false public accusations against the Pats, which is against the rules; therefore he will be penalized. If Davis felt the Patriots tampered, there are specific guidelines as to how that should (file a complaint) and should not (public accusations) be handled.

MODERATORS:

I realize, now I was the 3rd to post this in the main forum...WHY were they all moved.

"This is the forum for fans to come and talk about other NFL teams"

Key word OTHER - this is about the Raiders AND the Patriots & Randy Moss.

Please explain.

Here is some of Mike Lombardi's interview on Showtime. Lombardi was with the Raiders at the time of the trade and now writes for the National Football Post.

Collinsworth: Did the tampering take place?

Lombardi: Absolutely not. After that press conference Al Davis threw everyone under the bus, Bob Kraft, Bill Belichick and myself, saying that I told Bill Belichick that Randy Moss could still run. Well, we were trying to trade Randy Moss to the New England Patriots. I thought that was good information to give Bill Belichick. But now he accused all of us of making those charges and now he is going to have to face them.

Collinsworth: Did you help Belichick to the determent of the Raiders?

Lombardi: Without a doubt, I did not. I was trying to do the best thing for the Raiders, always have. ... In this situation, Bill Belichick is not going to always rely on my opinion for information. He is going to look at what he sees on the tape.

Collinsworth: If they are frivolous claims, is there something the league can do to the Raiders?

Lombardi: The Raiders received a letter form the league office this week saying "Look, do you have anything to claim about the tampering charges because it's been 18 months? Do you have something to say because, if you don't, you are in violation of the club integrity rule."

The National Football Post | More On NFL Letter To Davis

In case you missed this by the esteemed SVN in one of the other threads over in NFL forum.....this PFT story is just bizarre.

This entire story is bizarre. Can you imagine any of this BS, or Pacman BS or even last years non story of the year occurring if Paul Tagliabue was still in charge??

By the way, a big thanks to Ian for restoring this thread in the main forum as it does contain Patriot content...thanks Ian - you rock.

SVN
user_offline.gif

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

reputation_pos.gif

icon1.gif
Re: NFL sends Raiders letter regarding tampering accusation
and here is PFT again trying to smear NFP.
these blog wars hilarious and downright stupid. florio is feeling threatened now that he has competition...
ProFootballTalk.com - MORT CONFIRMS THE LEAGUE OFFICE HAS NOT THREATENED THE RAIDERS WITH SANCTIONS

The intra-media hissey fit (PFT vs NFT) going on reminds me of battles in this forum! :)

Makes for amusing reading.

The intra-media hissey fit (PFT vs NFT) going on reminds me of battles in this forum! :)

Makes for amusing reading.
What I find most ironic about their 'feud' is that PFT, by talking about (and attempting to discredit) NFP is giving them just what they need - access to a much larger audience. PFT has been around for several years now, and Florio is a featured weekly guest on many football television and radio shows; most football fans are familiar with him and PFT. Very few are familiar with Lombardi and NFP, but Florio is introducing every member of his audience to that site - which could soon become his biggest competition.

What I find most ironic about their 'feud' is that PFT, by talking about (and attempting to discredit) NFP is giving them just what they need - access to a much larger audience. PFT has been around for several years now, and Florio is a featured weekly guest on many football television and radio shows; most football fans are familiar with him and PFT. Very few are familiar with Lombardi and NFP, but Florio is introducing every member of his audience to that site - which could soon become his biggest competition.

In that case, may the feud continue! NFP deserves a far bigger audience for its generally high-quality product.

Edit: PFT is very good at its core mission, which is collecting and passing on inside gossip and rumors (acknowledging them as unconfirmed). PFT is flat-out lousy at actual football analysis, which is where NFP shines. They complement each other nicely.

Last edited:
In that case, may the feud continue! NFP deserves a far bigger audience for its generally high-quality product.

Edit: PFT is very good at its core mission, which is collecting and passing on inside gossip and rumors (acknowledging them as unconfirmed). PFT is flat-out lousy at actual football analysis, which is where NFP shines. They complement each other nicely.
I agree, though they are two of the premier sites on the web for fans of the NFL, they do cater to different segments. I have a ton of respect for Florio as a businessman in what he has accomplished with that site. While many other sites re-post stories from every team in the league, he has done it in a unique way with links and commentary that has increased his audience and now probably rivals some of the sports sites of the big name corporations (espn, fox, cbs, yahoo) that have much larger resources and budgets. I'm somewhat surprised the edges of PFT aren't filled with ads, I'm sure advertisers would love to get their name in front of the number of people that visit that site every day.

But as a football fan, I now find myself spending far less time on PFT ever since NFP was launched. Even though PFT has a much higher volume of stories, NFP has more of the type of content that I am looking for. To me, if you want football analysis, go to NFP; if you want to be entertained, read PFT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes