Welcome to PatsFans.com

David Vitter (R) vs Larry Craig (R) - Double standard?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by mikey, Aug 31, 2007.

1. mikey

mikey In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +511 / 14 / -28

Not sure, but confident will stir some heated debate, I do not view Craig's actions as much as a gay thing, but more of a thrill seeking thing. Have worked with a lot of men in my life, who do stupid things, not because they need to.. but, because it is exciting to walk on the wild side. While his actions might look gay, it looks like just crazy "wild side" crap that he can get away with.. I think that is why it is so repulsive to many folks in the GOP. wasn't there a reference to another incident in an REI somewhere, where he allegedly had sex in a bathroom there. What is it with the bathroom scenario's.. if he wanted to be involved with a gay man, there are probably better and more discrete ways of doing it than in a public bathroom.

3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +808 / 2 / -9

The Grin:
    Why do scummy politicians Grin, constantly
    Why do scummy politicians Grin when they "get caught"
    Why do scummy politicians Grin while being marched to jail
    Why do scummy politicians Grin while marching to court
    Why do scummy politicians Grin when somebody insults them
    Why do scummy politicians Grin and train their families to grin when they are on their way to jail

Yesterday the "sh!thouse sex pot" Sen Craig spoke to the News Camera's he was holding his wifes hand and guess what his wife was doing, thats right, she was Grinning, her husband is a US Senator and he was caught crawling around in a toilet where other men have bowel movements looking for another man to perform Oral Sex on him and his wife was standing in front of ten Cameras holding his hand and Grinning, she looked like she just hit the lottery.

I hope there are a few politicians out there that read these forums I would like to inform you that you are probably the lowest form of life God could could create, you are Lying, Dishonest, Immoral, Untrustworthy, Vicious, Back Stabbing, Stinking Vermin.

That goes for the President right down the line to the guy that sweeps the floor in City Hall.
    You F-cking Grinning Bastards.
    :bricks:

4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +653 / 7 / -2

It might be because the act of infidelity, by itself, is not necessarily grounds for removal, or for a resignation. With Craig, he was arrested and pled guilty. There is a significant difference there. Where I personally find a guy cheating on his wife scummy, I think it's up to him, and his/her consitituents to decide on his/her future. Look no further than southern California where the Mayor of LA was tagging a reporter, and in SF where the mayor was tagging his campaign managers wife. Have either resigned? Nope. Now, I think both are scummy, but it's up to the people there to decide what they want, since all of the people mentioned don't represent me.

5. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

The double standard REALLY lies with Ted Kennedy VS Anyone who is in office, liberal or conservative.

Ted: "Oh man, I'm wasted!"
    Ted: "Guess I'll drive home!"
    Girl: "Ahh Ted, your swirving!"
    (He hit's the girl.)
    Ted: "Sh1t! What am I going to do now? Guess I will dump her body in some water..."
    http://www.ytedk.com/intro.htm

6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +808 / 2 / -9

Ted Kennedy
    Barney Frank
    Gerry Studds
    Billy Blue Dress Clinton
    All slimey scumbag lying immoral rat bastards, they are also legends and heros of the Democratic party, there are still little old lady's in South Boston that would get down on their knees and kiss Uncle Teddy's ring, there are still phony feminist women that have orgasms whenever Billy Blue Dresses name is mention, there are still men out in San Francisco and Provincetown that have orgasms when Barney Franks name is mentioned.

America is turning into One Big Hollywood.
    :bricks:

7. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Um, Craig pleaded guilty to committing a crime. Not only does that constitute "evidence," that actually constitutes proof beyond any reasonable doubt.
    I'll call for Vitter's resignation when you call for Barney F.'s.

8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +511 / 14 / -28

If Barney Frank did what he did in the early 90's today, he would be gone.. time & evolution of ethics does make a difference.. nothing is necessarily right, the same is true for Kennedy.. it is what it is, times change.

9. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

And if a Republican did what Barney did back then, he would be gone. But a democrat can do whatever he wants and liberals will defend and re-elect them to their dying day. Get drunk and kill a girl..? No problem..!! Run a gay brothel..? No problem..!! get drunk and crash into Capitol Hill barriers..? No problem..!!

I, for one, am happy he is being pressured to resign and I hope he does. But don't fool yourself: If he was a democrat, the left would be defending Craig with every fiber of their being. And I doubt he would resign or be forced from office.

10. Real World

Ratings:
    +653 / 7 / -2

Yes, if they did it today, we assume that niether would be elected, or would maybe have to resign. That being said, what does time really have to do with it? People still vote these people in time, and time again.

11. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +223 / 6 / -2

#91 Jersey

Maybe they were born grinnin,thats how they knew politics was their calling. ;)

Last edited: Aug 31, 2007
  12. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Better yet, Ted kennedy's.

Fleabassist, you got it right kid.

13. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I'm not 100% up on Vitter; but I'm under the impression that at worst, on a few occasions, he made a call and a prostitute came to his house or hotel room or something. There's a big difference between that and soliciting someone in a public place.

14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +808 / 2 / -9

Why is everybody scrambling to say this isn't a homosexual thing?

A man in a toilet, a MENS room looking for sex from another man, not homosexual :confused:

Why does he deny being homosexual, is homosexuality bad, why are liberal democrats saying it isn't a homosexual thing, is homosexuality bad, why are we always told that homosexuality is great than everybody denies it.

When a straight married man gets caught with a whore hooker everybody agrees he was with a whore hooker, Bill Clinton didn't say "Im not straight" lol the democrats didn't say, we don't think this is a "straight thing" when Billy Got Caught lol the democrats all said, "poor Bill" :singing:
    The NY Times said "it's only sex" lol
    The National Organization For Women (NOW) said "shhhhhh"
    Democrat left wing liberal women said "I wish I was Monica"
    Linda Tripp said "don't wash that dress Monica"
    Billy said "getting a blow job isn't cheating"

Mary Jo Kopechne said "Teddy, Teddy come back, blub gurgle blub blub blub"

If the Toilet Man Craig is homosexual why are all the liberals saying this isn't a 'homosexual thing" isn't that a slap in the face to the homosexual community, don't those liberals support homosexuality?
    By God this is all so confusing, I think I'll lie down for awhile.

Married Man has sex with women in rest area under a spreading chestnut tree, he gets caught, do they say, "I don't think this is a straight thing"

Maybe liberal democrats don't want to believe that Republicans can also be homosexual.

15. Real World

Ratings:
    +653 / 7 / -2

The fact that they cheated on their wives is what bothers me. As an individual who thinks prostitution should be legal, paying for sex isn't a big deal to me.

16. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I wanted to mention this, but I figured the second I did I would get banned. But I do find it interesting that whatever it was Craig was doing was obviously something that happens so frequently that the police need to run sting operations.

17. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

As a congressman, the worst possible thing he could do is break the law, don't you think? I agree with you that prostitution should be legal, of course, but this idiot pleaded guilty because he thought that a guilty plea would somehow make this go away. Maybe because of his arrogance, which has been the source of his decline, he thought that he could have his "peeps" bury the whole thing with a plea arrangement.

Now he has to go to the Plan B of all failed escape plans of politicians...Deny all responsibility and blame the victims, and then the press.

His claim that he didn't know what he was doing at the time of arraignment is evidence enough that he doesn't deserve the priviledge of representing the good people of Idaho. He should, on that alone, resign

Last edited: Aug 31, 2007
  18. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +303 / 9 / -12

I understand that Craig will resign tomorrow, good riddance.

19. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

THat's good news. We don't need to be paying attention to this idiot anymore, don't you agree?

20. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +303 / 9 / -12

I think that Craig being out of the government and in a position of power is a good thing. I am glad that on this occasions the pubbies did the right thing and forced him out rather than trying to spin his behavior and close ranks around him. as we see so often in Washington.