PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

David Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Have not seen much from this kid yet and don't think he played at all in the 1st game...I hope he gets a chance in there sunday...I think from what I have seen and heard about in camp he plays and catches like a young Gonzalez-type player (Gonzalez from KC) I think since we have such a deep core of TE we will move all of them in and out as the season progresses and I certainly see David getting time in 3rd and long situations alot this year.

PATRIOT64 said:
Have not seen much from this kid yet and don't think he played at all in the 1st game...I hope he gets a chance in there sunday...I think from what I have seen and heard about in camp he plays and catches like a young Gonzalez-type player (Gonzalez from KC) I think since we have such a deep core of TE we will move all of them in and out as the season progresses and I certainly see David getting time in 3rd and long situations alot this year.

He was in on a few 3 TE sets.

He was blocking on the strong side of the game winning play.

Mike

PowerAlley.com said:
He was blocking on the strong side of the game winning play.

Mike

The safety?

Just kidding....you mean the Dillon power rush.

PATRIOT64 said:
I think from what I have seen and heard about in camp he plays and catches like a young Gonzalez-type player (Gonzalez from KC)

Wow, set the bar high. I've heard the comparison to Jay Novacek, and it is probably a good one to shoot for. He doesn't have the speed of Tony Gonzalez.

PATRIOT64 said:
well he showed in preseason that he's got good hands. as i recall he was described by BB as being a bit light on his blocking. if that's true we may only see him in 3 TE sets, specially those where thee field is open (not goal line).
hard to believe that a TE from the great state of Teexas would need work on his blocking, but oh well.
i remember a so-so blocking TE out of Boston College who had a pretty good career with the dolphins. can't remember his name tho.

shmessy said:
The safety?

Wow. You would think that Buffalo would have noticed and took him out before he let TBC blow right by him.

Last edited:
ilduce06410 said:
i remember a so-so blocking TE out of Boston College who had a pretty good career with the dolphins. can't remember his name tho.

I sure don't. Are you thinking of Mark Chmura of the Packers?

Maybe he is thinking of Pete Mitchell? Mitchell spent most of his career with Jacksonville, although he played a couple years on the Giants as well.

ilduce06410 said:

Are you thinking of Jim Jensen? He was from BU. And I don't think he was really a TE. More of a utility player who played a few different positions. He didn't really have much of a career though, mostly known for special teams if I remember right. But then, maybe that's not who you're talking about.

I still think that Thomas is going to struggleas a receiver in the NFL, especially to get separation in the passing game. Maybe an offseason in teh Woicik S&C program can get him an extra gear.

Also I think he was on a couple of special teams all through the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back