David Thomas

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PATRIOT64, Sep 15, 2006.

1. PATRIOT64

PATRIOT64 In the Starting Line-Up

Have not seen much from this kid yet and don't think he played at all in the 1st game...I hope he gets a chance in there sunday...I think from what I have seen and heard about in camp he plays and catches like a young Gonzalez-type player (Gonzalez from KC) I think since we have such a deep core of TE we will move all of them in and out as the season progresses and I certainly see David getting time in 3rd and long situations alot this year.

2. patological

patological Practice Squad Player

Hopefully Burger King and not Wendys.

3. dryheat44

dryheat44 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

#11 Jersey

He was in on a few 3 TE sets.

4. Brownfan80

Brownfan80 In the Starting Line-Up

Good eye, I didn't even notice him.

5. PowerAlley.com

PowerAlley.com Practice Squad Player

He was blocking on the strong side of the game winning play.

Mike

6. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

#75 Jersey

The safety?

Just kidding....you mean the Dillon power rush.

7. NE39

NE39 Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Wow, set the bar high. I've heard the comparison to Jay Novacek, and it is probably a good one to shoot for. He doesn't have the speed of Tony Gonzalez.

8. ilduce06410

ilduce06410 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

well he showed in preseason that he's got good hands. as i recall he was described by BB as being a bit light on his blocking. if that's true we may only see him in 3 TE sets, specially those where thee field is open (not goal line).
    hard to believe that a TE from the great state of Teexas would need work on his blocking, but oh well.
    i remember a so-so blocking TE out of Boston College who had a pretty good career with the dolphins. can't remember his name tho.

9. Oswlek

Oswlek Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Wow. You would think that Buffalo would have noticed and took him out before he let TBC blow right by him.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2006
  10. dryheat44

dryheat44 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

#11 Jersey

I sure don't. Are you thinking of Mark Chmura of the Packers?

11. NE39

NE39 Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Maybe he is thinking of Pete Mitchell? Mitchell spent most of his career with Jacksonville, although he played a couple years on the Giants as well.

12. TNPatsFan

TNPatsFan Practice Squad Player

Are you thinking of Jim Jensen? He was from BU. And I don't think he was really a TE. More of a utility player who played a few different positions. He didn't really have much of a career though, mostly known for special teams if I remember right. But then, maybe that's not who you're talking about.

13. Ochmed Jones

Ochmed Jones Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

#12 Jersey

I still think that Thomas is going to struggleas a receiver in the NFL, especially to get separation in the passing game. Maybe an offseason in teh Woicik S&C program can get him an extra gear.

Also I think he was on a couple of special teams all through the game.