PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

David Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing against the Chargers TE Antonio Gates seemed to significantly change the Pat's thinking on how to use a top TE with the kind of mobility Watson has. In that game Gates was sometimes bruising down-field easily breaking tackles from the DB's.

It seemed after that game Watson got much more involved as a mid-range receiver. Watson had one play for long yardage that exactly mimicked what Antonio Gates did so successfully.

Gates I believe went to the Pro Bowl as the top TE in the AFC and the Pat's seem to want Watson to be another Gates.

Last edited:
holyredeemer said:
Who is that guy in Washington? Brunell always likes to hit him out of the backfield. I could see Thomas being that kind of guy.

Chris Cooley

kurtinelson said:
I think its a terrible pick. In general I am very disappointed with day one of the draft.

Which is pretty sad for you because day one has been excellent.

Jesus, chill out, realize that we've gotten some good players all over picked on the second day in the past years under Bellichick. Tommorow, we have two fourth rounders, a fifth and three six rounders. The fourth round picks will end up LB and S I bet, our two positions of need on defense. Beisel playing wouldnt worry me, but...starting...

Bruschi, Vrabel, Colvin, they are all good LB's to play alongside. They've got a great front seven, now they just need the seventh, hopefully we can get a gem tommorow.

Crazy Patriot Guy said:
I've watched probably 90% of the games he played at Texas. Trust me, he can play. He knows how to get open, has great hands, always makes the big 3rd down catches to extend drives, I've seen him make key blocks, etc. He's had many games like the one he had in the national championship against USC.

He doesn't have the athletic ability of a Vernon Davis or Ben Watson but he knows how to play football and he's just a good, solid player.

I don't think this means anything about the future of Graham. We had no 3rd TE, we all know how important TEs are to Belichick and there was a good one on the board.

I do remember seeing this guy in that game, he did tear up SC.
I think Graham stays after next year, as I bet he can be re-signed for decent a deal.

We need three TE's and now we have as diverse a TE group as can be found. This is an upgrade over Fauria.

This has been an awesome day, let's face it, Brady needed weapons and now he has a bunch of young players teach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes