David Thomas is baaaack

Status
Not open for further replies.

DynastyDriven

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Thomas time
By Mike Reiss, Globe Staff

TE David Thomas, who missed the season opener and all of training camp with a broken foot, is no longer on the team's injury report. That clears the way for Thomas to suit up Sunday night if the Patriots elect to dress three pure tight ends.

The Friday report:

Limited participation in practice
G Stephen Neal (shoulder)
DE Mike Wright (knee)

Full participation in practice
QB Tom Brady (right shoulder)

Neal and Wright are both questionable (50-50 chance to play), while Brady is probable.

These have got to be the shortest injury reports in BB history.....knock on wood.

No Green?

I was worried about that one.

I don't like the fact that Neal has something wrong with his shoulder. That's what caused him to miss many games a few years ago.

Who starts if Neal can't go - Hochstein or Billy Yates?

QB12

Thomas time
By Mike Reiss, Globe Staff

TE David Thomas, who missed the season opener and all of training camp with a broken foot, is no longer on the team's injury report. That clears the way for Thomas to suit up Sunday night if the Patriots elect to dress three pure tight ends.

The Friday report:

Limited participation in practice
G Stephen Neal (shoulder)
DE Mike Wright (knee)

Full participation in practice
QB Tom Brady (right shoulder)

Neal and Wright are both questionable (50-50 chance to play), while Brady is probable.

Boy, I really hope Neal plays. Against the Chargers D-line the Patriots could really use all the experience and talent they can get on that O-line.

Boy, I really hope Neal plays. Against the Chargers D-line the Patriots could really use all the experience and talent they can get on that O-line.

Usually, when NE loses a guy on the OL, they do OK for the remainder of the game, or, if it happens mid week, the next game. It is the one that follows where NE seems to struggle.

I am not as worried about Neal's absence nearly as mudch as I was about Green. With Wright already sidelined, if Green was hampered that made Smith the starter and Green the backup.

No Green?

I was worried about that one.

When the troll, Clayton, was on NFL Live this afternoon he made mention of the Green upgrade but he said "ironically" and had a tone as if he were insinuating that BB was again playing games with the injury report.

Great news!!!! Thomas rules!!! can't wait for Sunday....ARH FRIDAY YET Dam #$%@#@

AHHHHHHH. Football talk again. Kind of cool! I think that Thomas has potential to be a stud in our offense. The forgotten cog if you will. If I was an opposing Defensive coach I would be worried about Moss, Stallworth, Maroney, Welker, Watson ETC. Then BAM, touchdown Thomas! The other team is going to be like "whis is this thomas guy?" I hope he plays.

Loved the little we saw of Thomas last year and have been looking forward to seeing him back on the field!! YEA!

:rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

David Thomas, FTW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes