PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

David Thomas could be a marquee target tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
While we all talk about Randy Moss & Wes Welker and what damage they could do to the KC defense I think we are all leaving out a guy that could be a difference maker tomorrow - David Thomas

I loved this kid getting drafted here out of Texas and was dissapointed in his injury last year but this is the game where he could make a statement and be a big factor if Moss and Welker are covered well and taken out of certain plays.

Watson is injured and out for this game,No better time for Thomas to show he is the better TE which I think he will be with more time in this offense and if he has a great start in the game tomorrow.

Expect about 50 yards from Thomas in tomorrows game as I think he will get alot of touches and make some nice plays - Its time for the man they called 'sure hands' in college to step up and take over the #1 TE position.

While we all talk about Randy Moss & Wes Welker and what damage they could do to the KC defense I think we are all leaving out a guy that could be a difference maker tomorrow - David Thomas

I loved this kid getting drafted here out of Texas and was dissapointed in his injury last year but this is the game where he could make a statement and be a big factor if Moss and Welker are covered well and taken out of certain plays.

Watson is injured and out for this game,No better time for Thomas to show he is the better TE which I think he will be with more time in this offense and if he has a great start in the game tomorrow.

Expect about 50 yards from Thomas in tomorrows game as I think he will get alot of touches and make some nice plays - Its time for the man they called 'sure hands' in college to step up and take over the #1 TE position.

Certainly could happen with Pollard and Paige at S along with a very young group at CB, with the exception of Surtain. CB's Flowers and Carr will certainly need help and I think without pressure all the Pats skill players could end up with good days. Welker and Thomas should be open underneath. If the Chiefs choose to be agressive with their CB's because Flowers and Carr are physical, especially Flowers, and can play bump and run the Pats will beat them over the top. Surtain plays way off now, he gives a big cushion because he has lost some speed and quickness and relies on veteran savvy. Johnson and Edwards at LB are good in pass coverage though. It depends which match up the Pats choose to target. If I were to make the choice, I'd attack the CB's 1st then run the ball because DE's Hali, Boone and McBride can be overpowered. Edwards and Tyler inside are good vs the run, Tyler is a load and very wide body who is hard to move in the run game. Dorsey is a rookie, so we will see but I bet the Chiefs are counting on him to be a dominator which could give them a good 3 DT rotation.

Last edited:
Hopefully Thomas is due. So far, has he even contributed as much to the Patriots as Chad Jackson has?

Hopefully Thomas is due. So far, has he even contributed as much to the Patriots as Chad Jackson has?

Without looking up his game log, I would venture a guess that more than 1/2 of Thomas' yards (maybe 80 out of 150 career) were in a late 2006 game when BW and DG were resting/hurt. He showed amazing flashes in that game..........give him half a year of healthly playing. Will be a good replacement for Watson.

Last edited:
Man!! I really hope this happens. Given the injuries Ben and David suffer every year, I have toned down my expectations for them significantly.

I would be elated if they manage to play the full season without getting hurt!

And no, I am not being sarcastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back