PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

David Thomas article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice article even if the writer does have the bar set high for Thomas. I mean saying he could be an upper echolon tight end if he could stay on the field might be a bit of a stretch even for those of us who are high on him. Ild be happy with the Graham Watson level.

Nice article even if the writer does have the bar set high for Thomas. I mean saying he could be an upper echolon tight end if he could stay on the field might be a bit of a stretch even for those of us who are high on him. Ild be happy with the Graham Watson level.
i ask other than one catch in the jacksonville game , what has he ever done????

He did a hell of a lot for the Longhorns, so give the guy a chance.

He just doesn't look 6-3 248. Although not as fast as Watson I think he has better hands and comes out of his breaks quicker and more crisply.

Thanks for sharing.....

And here's hoping he does continue to develop....

He just doesn't look 6-3 248. Although not as fast as Watson I think he has better hands and comes out of his breaks quicker and more crisply.

I agree, much better hands and as a rookie, he ran much crisper routes than Watson, who runs much better vertically than horizontally. I just wish Thomas wasn't as injury prone as Watson.

There is a 6'5" 250 lb senior TE that will be in the next draft. If he runs well, the Pats need to look hard at this guy, Coffman of Mizzu. He has lots of experience in the passing game and makes plays consistantly. He'll never be confused with Graham as far as blocking goes, but on 3rd and 6, he will get you the first down. As a college senior, he has better hands than Thomas, Graham or Watson.

He needs to play in space, ala Dalllas Clark. When he is placed in-line it is pretty ugly, at least 2 or 3 times against Tampa he was absolutely destroyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes