PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

David Patten

Status
Not open for further replies.
poppabear721 said:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/03/14/AR2006031401546.html

Interesting article on Patten. Glad he's so motivated. I think Id be feeling expendable if I were him. What is his contract status? If he should become available, is he someone we should give a second tour of duty?

I think we should get Patten back, I was watching some old DVD's lately and he could play, last year he made some good catches too. I wish he never would have left. Don't know what he would cost, nor his current contract senario, however, he would be a welcome addition in my eyes...I always liked the guy...

well

I believe he is on the skins roster and should compete for a job. No telling whether or not he will make the roster though---but i would be open for him coming back. I will never forget that touchdown in the SB! :D

I took a look at his numbers last year and they were less than impressive. Any word on what happenned to Patten last year? Off year, or inury?

This is total speculation, but I think Brady makes receivers look better than they are. I think Givens will not have a strong year this year. The only receiver who's done well (IIRC) in leaving the Pats is Wiggins, and his was a fairly unique case. Can anybody think of another WR who's left since 2001 who excelled?

As aj said in another post, good teams (well coached teams) make players look better than they look on poor teams.

poppabear721 said:
I took a look at his numbers last year and they were less than impressive. Any word on what happenned to Patten last year? Off year, or inury?
He was hurt a ton last year and had to compete with Santana Moss to get receptions.

BTW a NOTE TO ALL

He would cost the skins more to cut than it would to keep him on the team.

Good to know. If that's the case, I can't see Patten going anywhere. Thanks for the info.

oldrover said:
This is total speculation, but I think Brady makes receivers look better than they are. I think Givens will not have a strong year this year. The only receiver who's done well (IIRC) in leaving the Pats is Wiggins, and his was a fairly unique case. Can anybody think of another WR who's left since 2001 who excelled?

Now just think what will happen with caldwell if for chance say he really was worthy of that draft above branch. Maybe all this newly signed wr was missing was brady and a coaches tree.
Hoping!

SeanBruschi54 said:
He was hurt a ton last year and had to compete with Santana Moss to get receptions.

BTW a NOTE TO ALL

He would cost the skins more to cut than it would to keep him on the team.

How would that be? He has $2,800,000 of signing bonus remaining (the cap hit). His base salaries from 2006-2009 amount to $5,835,000, and probably some roster bonuses as well.

The Redskins would save around $3 million cutting him.

pats1 said:
How would that be? He has $2,800,000 of signing bonus remaining (the cap hit). His base salaries from 2006-2009 amount to $5,835,000, and probably some roster bonuses as well.

The Redskins would save around $3 million cutting him.
I've read otherwise on what he is getting paid this year.

SeanBruschi54 said:
I've read otherwise on what he is getting paid this year.

In signing bonus? He signed a 5-year deal with a $3.5 mil. signing bonus (prorated over 5 years = $700 k/year * 4 years remaining = $2.8 mil. signing bonus remaining).

His base salaries are official at NFLpa.org:

http://nflpa.org/Members/playerProfile.asp?ID=24845

Last edited:
pats1 said:
In signing bonus? He signed a 5-year deal with a $3.5 mil. signing bonus (prorated over 5 years = $700 k/year * 4 years remaining = $2.8 mil. signing bonus remaining).

His base salaries are official at NFLpa.org:

http://nflpa.org/Members/playerProfile.asp?ID=24845

I'd love to have him for cheap.

I do think Brady can get to his 3rd or 4th option which means receivers only need to do the routes they're best at.

That means disciplined role players instead of all pros.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes