PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

David Patten question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledTunaFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I'm asking this q b/c I'm also a big Saints fan.

So far, he's had a strong camp, and a pretty strong game against the Chiefs yesterday. It looks like he's clicking with Payton's schemes.

Just curious-what did y'all think about Patten when he was with the Pats?

Patten was a solid 2nd or 3rd receiver who had some speed a few years ago. Not sure how he does now, but he was a hard worker who communicated very well with the QB.

What you are seeing in preseason is what you can expect during the season. He has my best wishes - short of a Pats defeat in the Superbowl should the Saints join them there.

Patten was good for 2 years, then got injured. In his last year (2004), he played himself onto the bench for the play-offs and only had 4 total passes thrown his way in 3 play-off games.

I wished him well but felt that the Skins way over-paid for him. I think he'll be a decent 3rd/4th receiver for the Saints.

NO way he makes this team

wait

what was the question? :wha:

Patten really played well for New England.

He was a very solid number 2 for New England.

He was very fast. Not sure if he still his speed, but I am sure he still has the ability to be a very solid starter.

Good guy. Productive. Works hard. Has speed. And, quite often, was quite C L U T C H.

Did David Patten hit the weights hard or are my eyes deceiving me? But DP looks MUCH bigger. Legs and arms. Maybe it's just an optical illusion but he looks way bigger.

Speaking of WR's that have buffed up- anyone see Bethel Johnson on the Texans? Way buffed....

I'm watching the Saints Cheifs game right now.

Patten is killing the Cheifs right now.

6 receptions for 70+ yards, and it's still the first half.

Some nice catches as well.

I just can't help but root for Patten. He was such a big contributer to the SB seasons, especially the first.

Patten was one of those tipical pats, smart versatile and humble. Great to hear he is having a good camp and I hope it carries into the season. If he has recovered from his injuries you are getting a good solid player who should help round out your group of recievers. He brings a little different of a game than colston and co. he is smaller and quicker maybe not as fast but quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes