PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

David Mims ~ Right Guard Project with Super Beast Up Side!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boling played primarily at RG, but he was moved all over the line to either shore up a weak spot or replace an injured player. He had starts last season at LT, RG, RT. He did pretty well against Fairley in the Auburn game, it was my impression they moved Fairley to the other side in the second half to give him more opportunity to create havoc. For what it may be worth, NE Scouts reportedly attended several Georgia games.

I'm liking him more and more, love versatility in players, and the fact that he was always used to shore weak spots means he doesnt have the opportunity to excel off the strengths of other players, so his stock is artificially low.

Count me in.

I'm liking him more and more, love versatility in players, and the fact that he was always used to shore weak spots means he doesnt have the opportunity to excel off the strengths of other players, so his stock is artificially low.

Count me in.
Some have him moving into the round. I think he is more like late 3rd - early 4th rounder. Don't think he can play T or C in NFL. Still prefer Moffit even at #60 if you are looking for versatility.

Count me in.

Nice point.

We don't really have the time to draft project guards. I think a mature player like Watkins who can step in and play much like Vollmer did would be the ideal Pats pick at OG.

We don't really have the time to draft project guards. I think a mature player like Watkins who can step in and play much like Vollmer did would be the ideal Pats pick at OG.

That boat's sailed, Bro: I had a brain fart, and it was quickly resolved.

For whatever reason, this otherwise stellar Site doesn't have the technology to edit Titles.

Danny Watkins ~ he of the significantly longer that previously reported arms ~ is EXACTLY who we should be drafting.

To correct what may be a general perception: I've been an huge fan of Danny Watkins since back in October, when he was projected for the 5th Round.

The guy is an Hockey Player, a seasoned and professional Fire Fighter...and plays this Great Game with a passion and enthusiasm that very few have.

I ~ and anyone who was aware of him ~ couldn't HELP but love the guy. His resume SCREAMS "New England Patriot".

It was only my concern with his WingSpan and overall Extension ~ based on what turned out, this week, to be dubious data ~ that I was holding back, as I'm sure I made clear: I think we've ALL had our fill of "Good" O Guards who can help us win a pile of games...but can't hold up against Elite Teams in the Big Games, which is all that really matters.

That concern now being obviated, there is no guy I'd rather see us draft at O Guard.

And I don't give a rat's @$$ about his age: He should ROCK for the next 8 years or so, and that's good enough for ME. :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back