PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

David Givens

Status
Not open for further replies.

aabtec

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Is he still in the NFL. I did not see him listed on the Titans roster.

:confused: and this has got what to do with Pats winning AFCCG and heading to SB to complete a historic 19-0 season ?

Yes, he tore his ACL in mid-2006. He missed the rest of that season. He was placed on PUP at the beginning of this season, was never activated, and moved to IR.

In other words, he hasn't played a game in over a year.

Peter King gives an update on Givens and Branch in this morning's MMQB. Neither may be back before the start of next season. I hope that each of them invested his signing bonus wisely.

:confused: and this has got what to do with Pats winning AFCCG and heading to SB to complete a historic 19-0 season ?

Oh this is the AFCCG only discussion forum now?

Peter King gives an update on Givens and Branch in this morning's MMQB. Neither may be back before the start of next season. I hope that each of them invested his signing bonus wisely.

If Givens misses so much time, doesn't he get all of the 'guaranteed money' that he left the Pats for? I feel bad for him. I can see how taking the money was the right thing to do when he did it, at least he made millions while he could.

Word is Givens is still walking around with a noticeable limp to this day.

I wouldn't lump Givens in with the others that left for the money. It was my impression that they let him walk because they thought they could keep Branch.

Since when do fans have to stop thinking about players that they supported for years without pissants like you calling them out?

Quit being a purist. Some of you guys forget that this is a message board, not the Patriots locker room.

Yeah it's unfair to put Givens in the same class as some other losers like Branch and Law.

Givens doesn't seem to be getting any better does he :confused: Hopefully he can make a comeback at some point.

Word is Givens is still walking around with a noticeable limp to this day.

Really sorry to hear that. Hard to begrudge Givens anything, since he played so well here at minimum salary and Tennessee made an overwhelming offer. I hope the injury doesn't impede his life long-term.

Tom Brady made both Givens and Branch multi millionaires. They both should thank the hell out of playing with TB.

Tom Brady made both Givens and Branch multi millionaires. They both should thank the hell out of playing with TB.

well said, and look how they repay him when he cut his own salary for the team and they bail on him as soon as they can make a little extra.

I think David Givens is going to get cut by the Titans shortly. If the Pats think he'll fully recover...i wouldn't be against them giving him a Patriotlike contract. You know one of those to rekindle an old flame. Stallworth is a goner with his current contract, so why not get a guy who is familiar with the QB and system.

I think David Givens is going to get cut by the Titans shortly. If the Pats think he'll fully recover...i wouldn't be against them giving him a Patriotlike contract. You know one of those to rekindle an old flame. Stallworth is a goner with his current contract, so why not get a guy who is familiar with the QB and system.

i dont want him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back