PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

David Givens, had his last td as a pat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
David Givens, was a good pat, but he is gone, and glad he caught td , but he is gone just like David patten.. gone..

Sean Pa Patriot said:
David Givens, was a good pat, but he is gone, and glad he caught td , but he is gone just like David patten.. gone..

Are you his agent ?

Sean Pa Patriot said:

Lets just wallow in negativity. OR......lets see what the PAts do to sign him

Sean Pa Patriot said:
I agree and honestly I'm not that broke up over it. Only because someone will drastically overpay him. He will want big $ and I don't think i\he is worth it. We got great production from a seventh rounder. Good luck David!!!

Man, let's not cue the funeral music until the corpse is cold.

AndyJohnson said:
Lets just wallow in negativity. OR......lets see what the PAts do to sign him
I don't think they will, they have too many more important FA after 2006 and 2007. They can't pay everyone and the Seymours, Branches and Warrens are more needed than Givens.

That said I would love to have him back if the FA market disappoints him.

I agree.. this most likely was Givens last game as a pat.. some team is going to throw alot of money at him.. eagles maybe? Tampa?

Yes I think David Givens is gone, and he will be missed. Branch is not a number 1 receiver. He is too small, he can't catch well in traffic, and loses the ball when he gets hit.

Givens tried to go to the Titans last year, and the Pats said no without a high draft pick, which the Titans wouldn't go for. I doubt they will pay him enough for him to stay. That is why BB had all those receivers in at the start of this year, he was hoping to find his replacement. He didn't and maybe this year will teach them that players aren't dixie cups to be used and discarded.

NEM said:
Andre Davis could be that guy if given a chance to be a first teamer.
I was thinking the same thing. Give him a whole offseason here to learn the system and he'll be a good deep threat ala Patten. Still would like a new possession guy though with Troy maybe retiring and Givens possibly going.

PatsFan-NH said:
Branch is not a number 1 receiver. He is too small, he can't catch well in traffic, and loses the ball when he gets hit. QUOTE]

You have got to be kidding me. I guess I just imagined Branch's 4 catches for 116 yards and a TD (plus another one rushing) against the Steelers last season in the AFC title game, 10 catches for 153 yards in the Carolina SB and 11 catches for 133 yards and a SB MVP against the Ealges.

He had 8 catches for 153 yards tonight, in a loss and oh yeah, his best season ever as a pro playing in ALL 18 games with 88 catches for 1,147 yards.

But yeah, maybe we can sign TO.

Last edited:
id hate to lose david, hes been a good player for us.

He got ran down from behind on the big play by one of the Bronco linebackers(number 56). That shouldn't happen. He does drop quite a few passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back