Welcome to PatsFans.com

David Duke at an Iranian Conference, denies the use of gas chambers in WWII

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Dec 13, 2006.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +241 / 8 / -26

Just when you think it could not be more bizarre than it already is, that extreme right wing nut job..David Duke, of the KKK, claims that the Germans did not use gas chambers to kill the Jews. Coincidentally, last night a friend of mine was over and we were watching the battle of Berlin on military channel, he is a WW II vet who fought in the 5 major european campaigns and has 5 bronze medals, he was also involved in the liberation of 2 jewish concentration camps. He was speaking about what he saw, and coincidentally mentioned the exact opposite of what David Duke was denying.

Now if Cindy Sheehan went to Iran, we would be hearing parallels to Jane Fonda all over again, isn't there a ban on travelling to Iran?? This is very weird to me.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,236014,00.html#

TEHRAN, Iran — Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's conference questioning the Holocaust came to an end Tuesday, but not before hearing former KKK Imperial Wizard David Duke say that gas chambers were not used to kill Jews.

"The Zionists have used the Holocaust as a weapon to deny the rights of the Palestinians and cover up the crimes of Israel," Duke told a gathering of nearly 70 "researchers" in Tehran at Ahmadinejad's invitation.

"This conference has an incredible impact on Holocaust studies all over the world," said Duke, a former state representative in Louisiana who twice ran for president.

"The Holocaust is the device used as the pillar of Zionist imperialism, Zionist aggression, Zionist terror and Zionist murder," Duke told The Associated Press.

Also at the end of the conference, Mohammad Ali Ramini, an Ahmadinejad adviser who has called the Holocaust a "myth," announced that he will chair a committee to find "the truth on the genocide of Jews."
  2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

There's a lot of people who believe what this lunatic says is true - in Louisiana alone! Duke has a right to say what he's saying, but he needs to be smacked down big time by the Americans in public office now and whenever he opens his mealy mouth. This has to be very painful for the survivors of the extermination camps. I feel sorry for anyone affected by the Nazi holocaust. Not to even mention the Gypsies, gays, retarded, Poles, etc.
    What an embarrassment of an "American"!
  3. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

Duke has a lot of Republican support. In his early days, he ran as a Democrat, but didn't do so well. All he had to do was change parties, and he got elected to the Louisiana State Senate and nearly got elected to Congress.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Duke

"Duke's success garnered national media attention. He won few serious endorsements in Louisiana, but he gained the backing of the quixotic former Alexandria Mayor John K. Snyder. A massive campaign was launched against him, with celebrities and organizations donating thousands to Edwards' campaign to defeat Duke. A popular bumper sticker read, "Vote for the Crook. It's Important." When a reporter asked Edwards what he needed to do to triumph over Duke, Edwards replied with a smile, "Stay alive." Duke lost the election by a wide margin. Edwards received 1,057,031 votes (61.2 percent). Duke's 671,009 votes represented 38.8 percent of the total. Duke claimed victory, saying, "I won my constituency. I won 55 percent of the white vote," which he had, as exit polls confirmed."

It's just another example of how Republicans won the South by appealing to racist whites, something that many Republicans are too embarrassed and too dishonest to admit.
  4. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Thank God Duke didnt win in Louisiana.

Patters, you never cease to amaze me and will take any opportunity to take a cheap shot at the opposing party.

The Republican party and conservatives in general do not espouse the theories of David Duke, the KKK or the Deep South.

Do many of the Deep Southern KKK rednecks etc.... support many conservative principles? When your alternative is the looney left, of course they do. But dont clump them in with us.
  5. Patters

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

No different than QuiGon's post about liberals supporting cop killers, Turd. Actually, it is different. The fact is that the Republicans specifically went after the white vote in the South by appealing to Southern racists. Of course, most Republicans (especially northern ones) aren't racist, but that Duke can get the majority of the white vote in Louisiana when the majority of whites in Louisiana are Republican would seem to support my claim. Live with it. You support a Party that has a powerful racist block.

The term "loony left" means nothing from a political point of view. What are you referring to by the loony left? The anti-war crowd? Those who believe in global warming? The pro-choice crowd? Those who favor helping the poor? Or those things because of your own ignorance you choose to perceive as left (such as child abuse)?
  6. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So now its a FACT that the GOP went after Southern Racists?

Or are you stating that its a fact that all southerners are racists?

Whilst I'm not a fan of the deep south or many of its inbred, backwards inhabitants, I'm not sure that this generalization/"fact" is appropriate.

You wouldnt want me to start generalizing about the gay community would you? I see lots of things there that I could simply paint broad brush style.
  7. Patters

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

It's common knowledge. In fact, I think it started in the Roosevelt era. The Republican Party saw opportunities to split the blacks and whites. Nixon used that strategy, but it's Reagan who really exploited it with incredible lies about welfare queens driving Cadillacs and by launching his presidential bid in Philadelphia, MS, known only as a town where 3 civil rights workers were murdered.

http://www.byronspeaks.com/text/stories/01.10.03.htm

Of course not. I doubt if it's even a majority, though it is scary that more than 50% of whites in Louisiana supported David Duke in the recent past. All I'm saying is that racists are an important block in the Republican Party. I can't think of an equally powerful (and bad) block in the Democratic Party.
  8. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The Roosevelt era? Wouldnt that in and of itself explain a whole lot? Racism was a common and accepted practice back then. Splitting the black and white vote then is no different than pandering to the Latino vote now. Its more of a simple "win at all costs" political game than a racial/cultural game.

That doesnt mean its right

And yes, it is scary that so many people voted for David Duke. Yet another reason why I'd never move to the deep south. Despite what is portrayed on tv and in the media, there are still a TON of racists left.

Then again, there are racists on both sides of the equation. Just try being a white guy walking down some predominatly black section of Atlanta, New Orleans, Memphis etc......see what happens.
  9. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +488 / 2 / -9

Jimmy Sissy Carter just wrote a book on the Israel/Palestinian thing and many are calling the book "Anti Semitism".

Could a "Love Affair" be developing between the "King of the liberals" and the "KKK Wizard".

Will David Duke soon be helping "Jimmy" build some free houses for the winos.

Jimmy Carter and David Duke :singing: :singing:
  10. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +371 / 4 / -2

Frauders is right about David Duke. I have no idea how losers like him can ever be elected to office. However, it's not like republicans are the only KKK members elected to office. Anyone ever heard of this guy?

A Senator's Shame

Byrd, in His New Book, Again Confronts Early Ties to KKK

By Eric Pianin
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Sunday, June 19, 2005; Page A01

In the early 1940s, a politically ambitious butcher from West Virginia named Bob Byrd recruited 150 of his friends and associates to form a chapter of the Ku Klux Klan. After Byrd had collected the $10 joining fee and $3 charge for a robe and hood from every applicant, the "Grand Dragon" for the mid-Atlantic states came down to tiny Crab Orchard, W.Va., to officially organize the chapter.

As Byrd recalls now, the Klan official, Joel L. Baskin of Arlington, Va., was so impressed with the young Byrd's organizational skills that he urged him to go into politics. "The country needs young men like you in the leadership of the nation," Baskin said.

The young Klan leader went on to become one of the most powerful and enduring figures in modern Senate history. Throughout a half-century on Capitol Hill, Sen. Robert C. Byrd (D-W.Va.) has twice held the premier leadership post in the Senate

My point is simple, there are embarassing losers on each side of the isle. The sad aspect of it all is that they actually win elections. What does it say about the american public when we put bigots, racists, pedophiles, homophobes, extortionists, and indicted criminals into high office? I can't fathom how such losers could ever be elected. I guess we get what we deserve when we put these azzholes in office.
  11. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +488 / 2 / -9

They (Liberal Democrats) hate this subject of Byrds KKK days, they try to avoid talking about it but when they do all you hear is their blubbering and spluttering about "forgiveness" and how he is now a "changed man", I say bullsh!t, once a Klucker always a Klucker. I winder if they will ever "Forgive Bush" for beating them, TWICE.
    :bricks:
  12. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +241 / 8 / -26

I winder too, back to the original point is it legal to go to Iran?? I thought they were the same status as Cuba and you had to pay a fine if you went, with the exception being educational reasons.
  13. Patters

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

Of course, Real World, the important thing to remember is that while the Republicans were wooing the racists, the Democrats were actually turning against them. It started with Eleaonor Roosevelt who was extremely despised among conservatives for her advocacy of civil rights for blacks, but really JFK and Johnson deserve the credit for actually committing the Democratic Party to Civil Rights and, in effect, turning the Dixiecrats into Republicans. (I think it's rare you see a political party act with such courage and integrity.) Some Dixiecrats, like Byrd, chose instead to realize the righteousness of JFK and changed their tune. But, people like Duke, wanted to hold onto their bigotry and found it easier to survive in the Republican Party.

It's kind of funny how righties always bring up Byrd. To find prominent Democratic bigots you pretty much have to go back half a century. But to find prominent Republicans ones, you don't need to go back at all. Just look at David Duke, Trent Lott, and George Allen, for instance.
  14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +488 / 2 / -9

You can't compare Trent Lott to "KKK Byrd", Lott made a remark Byrd Burned Crosses.

Conservatives bring the name "Byrd" up because of his past, the Democrats will whail and moan about somebody using the "N" word and they have sitting beside them in the senate a real live KU KLUX KLAN GRAND WIZARD (but he happens to a democrat so he is forgiven)
  15. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Well he's forgiven because he's a Democrat and its been 65 friggin' years now and he's repeatedly said that it was dumbest thing he's done in his life.
  16. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Our library is named after him - and more than half the campus supports him. -.-
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2006
  17. Patters

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

Unlike many leading Republicans, Byrd has owned up to his mistakes and has apologized time and again. I really wish the standards that conservatives hold Byrd to, they would hold Lott, Allen, Reagan, and many others to.
  18. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Given, but should a former KKK guy be involved in our government? That's not right, IMO ... if they apologize or not.
  19. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Byrd might be the best W Virginia can come up with. Says a lot about the Mountaineers.
  20. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

He was 24 when he joined the Klan and left before he was 26. You also should consider the times. The KKK for all of its bad things, was very much anti-communist. Being anti-communist back then was central. If he committed acts of brutality that would be one thing. We'll never know since they've always hid under the sheets. I just don't think its right to end a person's future because they joined something. If its to permanently label a person as lesser than everyone else, I think the act has to be more overt. Redemption shouldn't be out of reach.