PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dave thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.

satz

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Just ran into him in the panera bread on rt 1 in attleboro.He is walking and their is no bandage or anything, was wearing sandle.

2nd player first was reche in the local shaws and i recognized and talked in a public place where no one seems to know who these guys are .

oh btw the way wife says i am obessed.

Also , 2:30 -4 pm - Patriots at jacksonville on NFL network .
satz

Last edited:
It must be nice having a wife you understands you.

Just ran into him in the panera bread on rt 1 in attleboro.He is walking and their is no bandage or anything, was wearing sandle.

2nd player first was reche in the local shaws and i recognized and talked in a public place where no one seems to know who these guys are .

oh btw the way wife says i am obessed.

Also , 2:30 -4 pm - Patriots at jacksonville on NFL network .
satz

Thanks for the heads up. Just saw Ghost nail that failed that FG for first score.
What a curve on that kick.

Hard to believe Reche, of all players, wouldn't get noticed. After Brady he's probably the second most recognizable Patriot. :eek:

well 2nd easiest to recognize, maybe even easiest, once you see those eyes... you don't forget 'em.

NFL Network had the replay of the Jags game on and it was the game where Thomas had several nice catches and runs including the seam route for a 20+ yard TD between defenders and a quick out route 3 yards deep that he turned into a 30 yard gain.

I know with all the new weapons plus Watson it's going to be tough to get him touches but the kid has great upside and he runs cleaner routes than Watson and has better hands. It will be interesting to see how much he is used this year.

NFL Network had the replay of the Jags game on and it was the game where Thomas had several nice catches and runs including the seam route for a 20+ yard TD between defenders and a quick out route 3 yards deep that he turned into a 30 yard gain.

I know with all the new weapons plus Watson it's going to be tough to get him touches but the kid has great upside and he runs cleaner routes than Watson and has better hands. It will be interesting to see how much he is used this year.

Well the sky's the limit with Grahambo gone and the hopeful quantum leap from year one to year two.

Well the sky's the limit with Grahambo gone and the hopeful quantum leap from year one to year two.

Graham was never really the primary receiving TE. Brady fills Graham's slot.

Excellent news. Thanks! :rocker:

Graham was never really the primary receiving TE. Brady fills Graham's slot.

graham fauria watson

2002 15 27 x

2003 38 26 x

2004 30 16 x

2005 16 8 29

2006 21 x 49

In addition to being a great blocker - Graham was very involved in the passing game, these numbers are impressive when you factor in injuries. Last year he was our primary TE as Watson was basically our go to WR (out of the TE position) for the first 1/2 of the season in the passing game.

Thomas will now get plenty of chances as he will also be moving up a rung and be our #2 TE.

You also noticed what kyle brady can do....he was going against LB /DL 1 on 1 is some plays .

Personally, I think we are going to see a lot of a 2-TE set in runnning situations, with Thomas and Brady as the TE's. They are both great blockers. Thomas was the best blocking TE in the country and one of best receiving TE's.

We also have two receivers in TE bodies: Watson and Mills. The question of them is whether they, as receivers, are good blockers, or should they be depended on as blockers. BTW, neither shoud be considered a running back, although either could take a toss in the backfield and run with separation.

Thomas has missed most of the running portion of the off season work out routine along with a good portion of the leg exercise program in the weight room.

So how can you guys expect him to have a break out year????

If anything he's kind of where Watson was after his ACL injury. That second year was just so-so for Watson compared to where everyone thought he would be.

I also expect a ton of 2 TE sets this year, but with Brady and Watson. I'm hoping Thomas can at least contribute on ST in the first half of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes