PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dave Thomas appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Free_Pacman

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Even more so than Favre, the Cowboys, or whoever, this was the guy who, IMO, cost this team a shot at the playoffs with his moronic penalty against the Colts. I honestly believe if he didn't do that this team would be going to the playoffs and have a great shot at going very deep. Sure throughout the season we have had some bad plays that may have turned around games such as Gaffney's drop, Moss's drop against the Steelers, Watson's fumble against the Jets, or when Slater muffed the kick, but these were all physical errors and can are easily forgiven. Don't get me wrong, for all that happened, this was a truly incredible season, but I can't help but think what would have happened if Thomas did not get that inexcusable penalty.

I feel ya, but it's impossible to pin a 16 game season on one play by one individual. There's a lot of "shoulda-coulda" but in the end, that's how it comes out. Am I pissed that the door got shut on our face? Absolutely. But am I willing to pin it on Thomas? Absolutely not.

Lots of positives to take from this season - offense and defense. If I'm the Jets? All uphill from here....

To me, this season we didn't do anything wrong. With the remaining talent on the field, do you really think 12-4 or 13-3 this season was possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes