PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dave Deguglielmo Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Gugs sucked at the start of the season. I was wrong. My "former Giants coach" bias led me to be intractable.

Wendell is also a surprise. I figured he was just too light in the seat to play center, never mind guard. Turns out, he was overmatched when he had his head down at center by the better nose tackles in the game. Playing guard he just has to focus on his technique straight up. He's been very solid. Another thing I think really helps the interior three lineman is they all play center and know the looks. The communication with Stork from Wendell and Connolly is apparent and the result s are pretty damned hard to argue with.

I think they were forced into that because they tried to use bigger players that were too green at the start. Surely BB's call before and after too, he's pretty hands on. My take is, the two vets around Stork was a good idea, but still didn't look like the stronger approach they wanted. They made it work, eased Stork in and got them playing like a unit.

Any plan or personnel grouping could work, but it's up to a coach, committed to what the head coach wants, to make it work. That's my take. I think they'll work in some more physical players as time goes on, having given the group some confidence and consistency.

I'm sorry. I did come off little too hard.

But on a serious note, don't you dare start an Artrell appreciation thread!!! lol

I believe I already praised the "cat defense" in multiple threads. I'll always love me some Artrell, you can't stop me.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back