PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dave Brown-South Coast Today-good article

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that was a great read, thanks for the linkage.

Great article, thanks for the link!

A very good article and 100% correct. I especially liked when he talked about how most people who desperately wanted it to happen are just looking for mental reassurance. It's so true.

Last edited:
I wanted Randy Moss because I want to see the Pats win 3 out of the next 3 SBs instead of 2 out of 3. We have the best coach and on field leader in the NFL and they would have made it work.

Nice article from a guy working hard for the tiniest of papers, maybe even hoping he'll get picked up by the Globe, Herald or Projo. You do such solid writing a fine favor putting up a link like this...

PonyExpress said:
I wanted Randy Moss because I want to see the Pats win 3 out of the next 3 SBs instead of 2 out of 3. We have the best coach and on field leader in the NFL and they would have made it work.

You have absolutely NO way of knowing that. The only way it's guaranteed that the Pats win a SB with Moss (who isn't exactly a team's good luck charm, just look at his history) is if the league hands over the Lombardi the minute Moss joins the team.

What you posted is EXACTLY what the guy who wrote the article is saying. It gives you NOTHING but mental comfort.

John Czarnecki reported that BB viewed Randy Moss as a hard working veteran frustrated by losing who wants to win in the mold of Corey Dillon. Views of Randy Moss as "more trouble than he's worth" do not necessarily mesh with BB's. People who out of hand reject the trade are taking "mental comfort" in preserving the status quo instead of embracing radical change in the hope of progress. IMO the status quo can be highly successful, but radical change can also bring benefits.

Last edited:
PonyExpress said:
John Czarnecki reported that BB viewed Randy Moss as a hard working veteran frustrated by losing who wants to win in the mold of Corey Dillon. Views of Randy Moss as "more trouble than he's worth" do not necessarily mesh with BB's. People who out of hand reject the trade are taking "mental comfort" in preserving the status quo instead of embracing radical change in the hope of progress. IMO the status quo can be highly successful, but radical change can also bring benefits.

I'd be far more willing to believe that Randy was just a misunderstood soul if he played his heart out even when in a bad situation. Dillon may have been off the field trouble in Cincinnatti, but he played hard every down. Moss has actually LEFT THE FIELD when things weren't going as he planned. PLEASE!

And anyway, the Pats were probably interested despite all that and it didn't pan out. That isn't because they have an inferior "mental status". More like his value to the organization was not, in their judgement, as great as his asking price. That's it.

I'm happy that you agree with me.:)

I'm serious. I really don't see where we disagree. You believe the Pats were looking to make a deal but backed off because the cost was too great. So do I. If so, that indicates BB was willing to accept Moss on the team. BB isn't jousting with windmills, searching for "mental comfort" as Dave Brown accuses fans of doing. He's trying to make the team better, and so are fans who supported the deal. Heh.

PonyExpress said:
I'm serious. I really don't see where we disagree. You believe the Pats were looking to make a deal but backed off because the cost was too great. So do I. If so, that indicates BB was willing to accept Moss on the team. BB isn't jousting with windmills, searching for "mental comfort" as Dave Brown accuses fans of doing. He's trying to make the team better, and so are fans who supported the deal. Heh.

No, you're right. We DO agree. I just thought the article was more addressed to us fans and not the FO. I think it's pretty clear the Pats were probably interested in Moss, but weighed his pros and cons (one of those cons being, well, Randy himself) and decided accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back