PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Daunte Culpepper

Status
Not open for further replies.
DB here to save tha daaaaayyyy!

No he doesnt have a totally grasp on the offense but hes a much better QB than Cassel is. Cassel has a grasp on the offense but he is not -good- enough to get it done!

Culpepper used his legs alot in Oakland and Miami because he had no oline and no WRs that could get open he was running for his life every play. In Minnesota he put up some of the best passing numbers in the history of the league. He doesnt need to be albert einstine he just need to be able to play ball and i think he could do that well in this situation on a good team with great coaching and his buddy Moss.

I know alot more of what im talking about than you DB. :)

You completely ignore the fact that the guy you want is not the same person anymore. He had is great years not just because he was with Moss or a good Vikings oline but more because of his mobility which he no longer has. Teams needed to spy him or he would rip them apart. Every NFL team in the league decided he was done now you say he = SB.

please will you guys get off Chad Jackson, everyone was pretty shocked when he was cut and alot of people wanted big things out of him. I still think he is going to sign somewhere else and be good, and we will regret letting him go. If it doesnt happen then i will glady admit i was a complete fool and totally missed on Jackson, but geez can we at least see him play a couple of seasons in the NFL first?

Why? You're not willing to let Matt Cassel play a game in the NFL without asking to bring in a brain dead washed up QB.

Briz - Please stop smoking whatever it is you are smoking.

Culpepper is even less likely to lead this team to the Play-offs than K'OC. Why? Because he's not smart and he still tries to use his legs to win games when he's not nearly as quick as he used to be.

You are just going to have to admit that you have no idea what you are talking about and that Belichick makes you look like a single celled organism when it comes to football smart. Hell, I make you look like a single celled organism when it comes to football and Belichick is a million times smarter than I am when it comes to football.

It's this kind of commentary that pisses me off about this great website.

I would love to list all of the so called "geniuses" here at Patsfans.com who swore on thier mothers name that if we brought Randy Moss to New England they would Never watch another Patriots game.

Where are those geniuses now? Still here. Still thinking they know more than everybody else. And now worshipping the "cancer that will never play here"

If you base Culpeppers ability based on Oaklands and Miami's horrendously awful football teams that had no talent for Culpepper to work with then you have a very short attention span. The guy almost won an MVP in Minnesota and it wasn't because of Randy Moss. After Culpepper went down with the Knee injury, Moss's career went south faster than Drew Bledsoe's.

If we were going to bring in a guy whose best days are well behind him I'd prefer Vinny T.

Ahm, we only have 2 QBs on the roster. D'oh. Why hasn't Guiterrez been called in? They need another just to run practice. He was ok for that a year ago. In fact he is the only one besides Vinny that even knows what is going on. I cannot imagine going into the game with only 2 QBs. Culpepper is not going to happen but somebody has to be comming in. Rattetey and Sims weren't signed. Whats up?

You completely ignore the fact that the guy you want is not the same person anymore. He had is great years not just because he was with Moss or a good Vikings oline but more because of his mobility which he no longer has. Teams needed to spy him or he would rip them apart. Every NFL team in the league decided he was done now you say he = SB.

Speaking from experience, it takes at least 18-24 months to fully recover from an ACL reconstruction. Culpepper tried to come back in less than a year and it messed him up pretty good for a while. He's not old. He's 31. He can recover from that injury.

Seriously, here we are staring at Matt Cassel as our starting QB and people are so confident in this kid that they all but piss all over a guy that has brought his team to an NFL championship game and lead his team to the 2cond greatest offensive output offensively in NFL history behind last year's patriots.

Yes, give Matt a chance, I agree, but to laugh at Daunte Culpepper who had a tremendous history with Moss and the thought of what those two could do together with the great RBs we have is foolish.

Bring him in as the #2, let him soak up and learn as much of the playbook as he can and have him there JUST IN CASE, our great Matt Cassel goes down the dumper, which is not a far-fetched possibility.

Last edited by a moderator:

so your saying he is done as a QB because he tore his ACL and is not mobile anymore? You are basing this on the way he played in Oakland and Miami two of the worst teams in the league, and shortly after his knee injury? Culpepper was not simply all mobility in Minnesota he was a complete QB with a great arm and passed for some impressive numbers unlike someone like Michael Vick. Culpepper doesnt need to come here and run around to be effective on this team. Its been more than two years since his knee injury he has enough mobility to be effective, we have WRs that can get open and olines that can block, he will not have to use his legs as much.

please will you guys get off Chad Jackson, everyone was pretty shocked when he was cut and alot of people wanted big things out of him. I still think he is going to sign somewhere else and be good, and we will regret letting him go. If it doesnt happen then i will glady admit i was a complete fool and totally missed on Jackson, but geez can we at least see him play a couple of seasons in the NFL first?

Ignorance, stubborness and hypocrisy?

You dare ask others ti wait for Jackson to play meaningful games in the NFL before judging but you refuse to wait for any meaningful games from Cassel to judge?

Leave now, and never come back. YOu don't know anything about football.

You dare ask others ti wait for Jackson to play meaningful games in the NFL before judging but you refuse to wait for any meaningful games from Cassel to judge?

Dude. Relax.

Your not on the Patriots staff.

We all loved Chad Jackson's potential. He just never lived up to it here.

If he makes it somewhere else, then I'll wish him all the best.

Briz has made some valid points. Leave him alone.

Jackson was a 2nd round pick 1st round talent, Cassel is an undrafted free agent talent, you do the math if you can. And i have seen Cassel play for 4 years we have only seen Jackson play sparingly in his rookie season.

Jackson was a 2nd round pick 1st round talent, Cassel is an undrafted free agent talent, you do the math if you can. And i have seen Cassel play for 4 years we have only seen Jackson play sparingly in his rookie season.

If Jackson had earned his spot on this team, he would have played more after his injury. He didn't, so he didn't. No offense, but I trust BB's judgment on whether players fit in on this team and will help us win more than yours.

If Jackson had earned his spot on this team, he would have played more after his injury. He didn't, so he didn't. No offense, but I trust BB's judgment on whether players fit in on this team and will help us win more than yours.

thats fine, how did Gaffney do last game? Kelley Washington? To bad Chad didnt play im sure he would have done better.

thats fine, how did Gaffney do last game? Kelley Washington? To bad Chad didnt play im sure he would have done better.

Apparently they were not needed for the WIN

How can you say that as if it were some sort of given fact? Chad Jackson did absolutely nothing in his time here that should inspire you with confidence that he would have somehow played better than Gaffney, who had a productive year last year.

Raw talent aside, it's just asinine to think you can predict with some kind of sage wisdom that Jackson would have flourished if "just given the chance". He had every chance to make this team, and didn't.

Like fail to cut off his route on a blitz and cause an INT?

Like fall down over the goal line stripe and cost a TD?

I think we're better off with CJ Jones and Ventrone. BB thinks so too.

I saw one pass go right through Jabar's hands and Kelly Washington was all but invisible as our 4th WR. I would much rather have Chad Jackson on the field to be honest.

Like fail to cut off his route on a blitz and cause an INT?

Like fall down over the goal line stripe and cost a TD?

I think we're better off with CJ Jones and Ventrone. BB thinks so too.

Like leap over a defender and snatch the ball for a TD in the corner of the endzone in the preseason?

Life blow by the CB and catch a fade route TD in the preseason?

How many TDs did Gaffney score in the preseason?

Thats all we have to go on dont bring up last season.

I saw one pass go right through Jabar's hands and Kelly Washington was all but invisible as our 4th WR. I would much rather have Chad Jackson on the field to be honest.

same here. Jackson probably would have scored yesterday, he has a knack for doing that.

To assume that because those two didn't have good games, Jackson would have automatically performed better is like taking the whole concept of logic and beating it over the head with a mallet. It honestly defies explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes