PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Daryn Colledge

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOWAKJOE

On the Roster
Reaction score
Tell me that this guy doesn't have Patriot written all over him. He could be this years LM. if he is there in the 2nd round I say they grab him. Mainly if they don't resign SN. Plus he was a recuit from the North Pole Alaska. Won't mind playing in cold weather thats for sure.

Colledge is a very impressive OT prospect in the upcoming NFL draft. I like his athletic ability at OT, he moves well and can really run block when he puts his mind to it. At times, he literally pushes the defender backwards as if he was a pull rushing DT. He is in very good shape for an OT and that improves his stock at the next level. Colledge is not the ideal OT however, I think he needs to work on getting out of his stance quicker against speed rushers, he moves his feet well and has good technique but needs to move more laterally to get in front of outside pass rushers. Nonetheless, Colledge is a fine OT prospect and should easily be a 1st day
selection come draft time. He is a very good player and if he works on his pass protection against speed rushers, he could become an elite OT. VISIT

source: Draft Daddy
As a pass protector, Colledge routinely shuts down the opposing end, and he alot of gets practice at this in the Boise State shotgun-heavy, run-n-gun offense. His run blocking is underrated by many due to what is perceived as shortcomings in bulk (he played around 290 last year), however make no mistake he is often dominant in that phase of the game. To reiterate, Colledge might not be the choice with the highest profile or upside (McNeil from Auburn, Scott from Texas, Winston from Miami, Whitworth from LSU are all more highly regarded according to "concensus"), but Colledge is comparable as a unique physical talent (36 inch vertical leap, 450 pound hang clean) and superior intangibly - Colledge is a "hard-hat lunch-pail" player that has room to grow into a fixture at the next level for years to come. VISIT

Let's do it. I smell an instant fan favorite. Any guy who grew up in those circumstances is a guy I want.

I like his background but I don't think that he'll make it to the 2nd round. I have seen him taken in the 1st round in a few mocks already. He could shoot up the draft after the combines.

Let's rethink this

He got his hat handed to him badly when they played Georgia earlier this year. It was ugly. He's only 295LBS. and he's not the swiftest of foot. Just because a guy is great against the Idaho's and Utah State's of the world, doesn't mean he's Patriot material.
On the positive side, I like his hand punch, technique and he has some pop.

In the second, I believe Whitworth will fall to us. That's a guy that project well in out offense.

Ochmed Jones said:
He got his hat handed to him badly when they played Georgia earlier this year. It was ugly. He's only 295LBS. and he's not the swiftest of foot. Just because a guy is great against the Idaho's and Utah State's of the world, doesn't mean he's Patriot material.

In the second, I believe Whitworth will fall to us. That's a guy that project well in out offense.

If one of the elite OT such as Winston Justice, Marcus Mcneil, Ferguson or Eric Winston, fall to them at 21. Should they take him?

NOWAKJOE said:
If one of the elite OT such as Winston Justice, Marcus Mcneil, Ferguson or Eric Winston, fall to them at 21. Should they take him?
It isn't a necessity, NE should have many options to build for the future with that pick and OT isn't looking to be critical short term.

Box_O_Rocks said:
It isn't a necessity, NE should have many options to build for the future with that pick and OT isn't looking to be critical short term.

True, but if somehow Ferguson falls to 21, we HAVE to grab him. IMO, the best OT prospect since Orlando Pace.

OT in the first Round

With the likely departures of Ashworth and Neal, I'm leaning towrd OT in the first round.
Winston of Miami scares me because of the knee.
McNeal is huge with an even bigger wingspan. But he's a leaner, not a knee bender.
Trueblood is too slow of foot.
Whiteworth is solid and nasty. I like nasty lineman.
Ferguson is excellent.
Scott is a waist bender and I'm not sure how bad he wants it.

Whiteworth looked good in the Shrine game, the Mayocks and Kipers droning on during the Senior Bowl practices seemed to think only Fergusen and Justice rated 1st round consideration. It will be interesting to see how this shakes out as the draft gets closer.

Ochmed Jones said:

You might want to review that game again. I watched the recording a few weeks ago. BSU did well on the line and Colledge did very well. He is faster than you seem to think he is and very mobile. He takes coaching very well. If you ever listen to an interview, you will be impressed with his intelligence and dedication. He may need some more weight, but strength is not an issue.

dryheat44 said:
True, but if somehow Ferguson falls to 21, we HAVE to grab him. IMO, the best OT prospect since Orlando Pace.

Dude, don't you know that BB doesn't draft offensive linemen in the first round? :rolleyes:

dryheat44 said:
That's like saying "if Reggie Bush falls to 21, we should take him". There's no way Ferguson falls to 21.

dryheat44 said:
Ummm... are you drunk? Ferguson isn't going to fall past 4.

drew4008 said:
Ummm... are you drunk? Ferguson isn't going to fall past 4.
Maybe, depends on who's buying the groceries. If Mangini is going to build a 3-4 defense, Ngata is going to look really good to him. The Jests can bid for Ashworth and shop in the second round for a decent OT like Winston or Whitworth. Of course, we can always hope Bradway is calling the shots and wants his Penny shiny, or what might be really fun, decides he has a bad Penny and grabs Cutler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back