PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Darren McFadden to Vist Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDSal45

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
He just said so himself on NFL Live. Not sure when the visit is, but he's coming to Foxboro.

J D Sal

I expect them too at least ctahc up om him.

I feel like McFadden has all the right tools but not the right head on his shoulders.

Ok, here's a little scenario, the top 6 goes like this:

Long
Long
Ryan
Dorsey
Otah
Gholston

No one wants to trade up, do you take BPA (McFadden) or need (McKelvin, Groves, Cromartie)??

No one wants to trade up, do you take BPA (McFadden) or need (McKelvin, Groves, Cromartie)??

I'm certainly not opposed to trading up - especially to grab a game changing LB that BB is sure fits our system.

But I think at #7 you make sure you take a guy who is as close to a sure fire 100% blue chip NFL player as possible.

If you have a need at CB and have any doubt about the players available to you (especially given our DB system that doesn't require game breakers) and have a choice between that and a game changing player at RB or any other game changing position, you take him.

In the worst case scenario you have an RB who you can trade for value.

Ok, here's a little scenario, the top 6 goes like this:

Long
Long
Ryan
Dorsey
Otah
Gholston

Make damn sure if McFadden is there at 7 someone (COUGH! Jerry Jones) would blow a nut to get him. I dont see the Pats giving anyone a really hard deal to pass up either. I dont think theyd ask for the sky.

Make damn sure if McFadden is there at 7 someone (COUGH! Jerry Jones) would blow a nut to get him. I dont see the Pats giving anyone a really hard deal to pass up either. I dont think theyd ask for the sky.

I'd love to take 22 and 28 and pick up like Jenkins and Mayo.

I'd love to take 22 and 28 and pick up like Jenkins and Mayo.

Then again let's just stop and think that maybe McFadden is indeed really good.

A Backfield consisting of Mcfadden, Maroney & Morris would be absolutely unstoppable to go along with our passing game supreme.

Maybe we just take the guy and move right on...

Then again let's just stop and think that maybe McFadden is indeed really good.

A Backfield consisting of Mcfadden, Maroney & Morris would be absolutely unstoppable to go along with our passing game supreme.

Maybe we just take the guy and move right on...

How do you split carries for Maroney and McFadden? Doesn't Maroney deserve to finally be the full-time back?

1-We dont want his fumbles
2-We dont want anyone blindsiding Brady from a missed block
3-We dont want to change the most prolific offense and take balls away from established playmakers
4-We DO want him going to the JETS
See you in the backfield DMF!

How do you split carries for Maroney and McFadden? Doesn't Maroney deserve to finally be the full-time back?

I love Maroney and yes he does deserve to be full time.

That said, there is always room for talent, at any position.

I mean if he is there and nobody is trading - my goodness, how do you pass on that potential talent??

WHAT IF HE IS REALLY SPECIAL AS MANY ARE SAYING???

I love Maroney and yes he does deserve to be full time.

That said, there is always room for talent, at any position.

I mean if he is there and nobody is trading - my goodness, how do you pass on that potential talent??

He is that special. But his attitude and his head are not on right. He is already becomming Travis Henry 2 (hopefully you get the joke) and there are some flaws in his game. Fumbles and stregth being the top two. He only benched 225 13 times at his own pro day. Thats awful.

He is that special. But his attitude and his head are not on right. He is already becomming Travis Henry 2 (hopefully you get the joke) and there are some flaws in his game. Fumbles and stregth being the top two. He only benched 225 13 times at his own pro day. Thats awful.

He usually puts in 21 reps so they say and 20 is thought to be good.

Now...look at the cone drill time of 4.05 simply off the charts, scouts are said to be amazed at what he did.

If the guy is there, you might kick yourself for years having passed.

Maroney does deserve it. But how can you pass that up? Moss, Maroney and McFadden. I love it.

From a team building perspective, I don't think McFadden is an option. Maroney and Morris are solid at HB and there is a pretty significant hole at OLB. You have to take talented players at that position high in the draft. Unless BB has a card up his sleeve, he's always shown to draft with a mind toward building a team for the next year. To me, this sounds like homework more than real interest.

We should be figuring that about half of these visits are fakes, this is the time of year where the only information out there is mis-information.

McFAdden may be on our short list, maybe not.

Someone with a better memory than I could fill in the blanks, but I remember a story about when Red Auerback went to scout someone he really liked, Parrish maybe, he left in the first half of the game so no one would know he liked him.

If he is, then somebody will have themselves a wonderful player. I sure hope it's not the Patriots.

Here's how I think of it: if you could add any current player in the NFL to the Patriots roster, would it be a running back? Would any RB even sniff your top 10? Wouldn't you rather add, say, the 3rd best outside pass rusher than the #1 RB? So that's how you pass on a terrific runner -- knowing that the incremental value to the Patriots team isn't as high as other positions.

He usually puts in 21 reps so they say and 20 is thought to be good.

Now...look at the cone drill time of 4.05 simply off the charts, scouts are said to be amazed at what he did.

If the guy is there, you might kick yourself for years having passed.

And what if we draft him and he is in a few years known as Darren McDadden

If he is, then somebody will have themselves a wonderful player. I sure hope it's not the Patriots.

Here's how I think of it: if you could add any current player in the NFL to the Patriots roster, would it be a running back? Would any RB even sniff your top 10? Wouldn't you rather add, say, the 3rd best outside pass rusher than the #1 RB? So that's how you pass on a terrific runner -- knowing that the incremental value to the Patriots team isn't as high as other positions.

Agreed. Look at the Lions - 2 top 10 draft pick receivers on the roster last year with huge dollars invested in the position and who do they have on defense? If you want to hamper your team, draft McFadden. Who plays OLB next year? And then you have a weakness on defense that game planners like BB will shoot to expolit all year long. You need to shore up that hole.

anyone the pats bring in to visit means they are at least -considering- drafting them, doesnt mean that they will, they could have a bad visit and the pats eliminate them from consideration.

To say the pats wouldnt even consider McFadden like alot of people have said is dumb, hes the best player in the draft and if he is sitting there at #7 there will be few players they would take over him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back