Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by Seneschal2, Mar 31, 2008.
Count me as one that would be happy to get him. I would perfer the LBers than Jake Long, but I would still be pumped about McFadden.
You can never have enough playmakes but I suspect our real interest is in keeping his name alive for the top 7 picks, either to have him taken before us or having a team trade up with us should he be there at #7. Clearly, though, they need to have done their homework on him just in case he's there.
I think BB is just trying to sell the notion that if McFadden is there, he either picks him or trades with someone who will. With some immediate needs and a top pick I seriously doubt BB takes another RB. But in order to get good value he needs other GM's to believe he will. Otherwise, why not trade with #8 or 9 possibly giving up less compensation.
I think that we should use the draft to improve our defense. That said, I can't lie. I would be as giddy as a school girl if we drafted McFadden. That would give our offense a different dimension. We can either be a high-octane throw-it-all-over-you offense, or a "we're going to grind this one out using our potent running back tandom" offense.
:bricks: I should have seen this coming sooner. It's all so clear now. The Patriots will trade up to #1 to draft Darren McFadden. Here is why?
1. BB believes the game has shifted to Offense, not Defense.
2. The Tuna is just begging to give the top overall pick away.
3. The Patriots see an opportunity and they pounce on it.
4. McFadden is unquestionably the biggest impact player.
5. The quickest way to take pressure of Brady is to run well.
6. Even when he had Dillon, BB wanted to pair him up at RB.
7. Packaging picks to Miami could also land them Jason Taylor.
8. If Brady were to go down, McFadden could help carry them.
9. Brady wants to be surrounded by playmakers who can score.
10. The League loses power to bully Pats if they trade picks.
Separate names with a comma.