PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Darrelle Revis calls Randy Moss a slouch

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiggins!

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
From Tim Graham blog on ESPN.com---

Deion Sanders went one-on-one with New York Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis for a segment on "NFL GameDay Morning" and conducted an interesting name-association quiz. Revis had a couple of interesting responses for future Hall of Famers Terrell Owens and Randy Moss.

Deion Sanders: Two words or less, when I call out a name, tell me what you think.

Darrelle Revis: OK.

Sanders: T.O.

Revis: Slouch.

Sanders: Randy Moss.

Revis: Probably say slouch, too.

Sanders: Chad Ochocinco.

Revis: Competitor.

Sanders: Steve Smith.

Revis: Competitor.

Sanders: Andre Johnson.

Revis: Beast.

I heard a rumor about this, and just KNEW it would make it's own thread.

Big surprise to me?

No

I heard a rumor about this, and just KNEW it would make it's own thread.

Big surprise to me?

No

which part...the slouch or the thread part? !

hmmmmmmmmmm

Those are big words. I have to commend him for being honest/****y knowing that he will most likely be locked up with Moss twice again next year.

wow its amazing what playing for rex ryan can do to you
i remember a couple years ago (last year in fact) when he was a quiet humble up and coming star
now this

which part...the slouch or the thread part? !

The slouch part, I knew a thread would be made.
I will stick to what I have said all along, and that is that Randy IS an all-world WR, that allows himself to be taken out of the action too easily..and he sux at blocking.
I also would like it if he stayed, but we need at least 2 good WRS this off season IMO

Sorry for the confusion.

You know what? I don't care any more. Players and coaches and whatever talk sh*t all the time. I've heard so much of it that I'm past the point of caring. I'm sure harsher words are shared on the football field that we'll never get to hear.

I will stick to what I have said all along, and that is that Randy IS an all-world WR, that allows himself to be taken out of the action too easily..and he sux at blocking.
I also would like it if he stayed, but we need at least 2 good WRS this off season IMO

Sorry for the confusion.

oh....no confussion...i was busting your chops thats all!

when you've won (revis) matchups with said WR the last couple of meetings you're certainly titled to whatever opinion you want. When it comes back around in your face one day just don't be surprised. He's been able to back it up and he's only gonna get better. And he's damn good. No doubt.

I'm just looking forward to playing the Jets with TWO deep threats instead of only Moss. Revis can pretend he was on an island with Moss all he wants, we'll see next year.

A slouch is normally someone who is lazy or unimpressive. Randy Moss has shown with his performance on the field that he is neither.

This is an idiotic comment by Revis to be honest. Just because your head coach is adamant in making an arse of himself, doesn't mean you have to follow Darelle.

Get asked an opinion and answer honestly instead of "correctley". Refreshing.

Sorry for the confusion.

agreed - not to bring up old statements of course

Revis should be calling his own offense "slouch". They're a joke.

Those are big words. I have to commend him for being honest/****y knowing that he will most likely be locked up with Moss twice again next year.

I agree.

The thing is, after shutting him down 2x this season (+ every other #1 WR), I don't think Revis is too worried about Moss.

As much as I dislike him for being a NYJ etc, I still respect him as a competitor, and I truly think he could care less about Moss coming back and torching him.

The only way we could make him eat his words, would be to load up on better options at WR1-WR4--he can't cover everyone, at least not at once.

That said, I don't like the way he called those potential HOF receivers out, whether he feels it's true or not.

That said, I don't like the way he called those potential HOF receivers out, whether he feels it's true or not.
As much as I like Revis as a player, the guy has had 1.. that's right 1 good season in the NFL. Randy Moss and Terrell Owens have had a few more than just 1 good season.

It's blatantly absurd.

why u guys getting all upset over this? why not just let moss use it as motivation. revis actually goes up against him so he would know better than we do. there is a difference between Moss & guys like Smith/Johnson...they go all out everytime while Moss seems to take it easy from time to time. Im as big of a Randy Moss fan as there is out there but Revis has every right to say that regardless of Moss's stats,accolades. If he was asked about Welker I'm sure Revis would say competitor if not something of higher praise considering we can all see how Welker fights hard everytime and seems to have that extra drive that guys like Steve Smith have.

Whats the big deal? Hes answering the questions with his opinion and he is the best one to ask, he has to cover them. A lot of you make it seem like hes at a presser and announces "ATTN, Randy Moss is a slouch, that is all."

I like Revis. Wanted Patriots to pick him in 2007.

You have to admit he is a very good CB. His technique is very good.

He's not a Deion, interms of personality, but he intitled to his opinion, as we have ours, as well.

So, far he is playing well in the Chargers game.

Revis is 24. I would like to see him matched up against a 24 year old Randy Moss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots