PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Darn! Kiwanuka goes back to the Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Wanted him. Move onto Manny Lawson I guess.

Babin is gone too I recall hearing this morning, but it was right after I woke up and was shocked to hear "Albert Haynesworth" and "Patriots" in the same sentence, it took a good few minutes to sink in.

He was my top OLB target in FA so I'm pretty disapointed. Although one intruiging option that could now open up is Osi Umenyiora. His relationship with the Giants is strained and he's going to hold out, and now he is expendable in NY. He could be another intriguing buy low candidate, if the Giants make him available. He's not a perfect fit as a 3-4 OLB but he is a disruptive force, and would be dominant in sub packages.

Too bad. But in some other news, PFT is reporting that the Texans are the frontrunners in landing Aso. I think with Wade Phillips there that they can actually hava a pretty good defense. He might not have been the best HC, but he's a good defensive coordinator. And with Mario playing OLB, it should be quite the show if they land Aso.

He was my top OLB target in FA so I'm pretty disapointed. Although one intruiging option that could now open up is Osi Umenyiora. His relationship with the Giants is strained and he's going to hold out, and now he is expendable in NY. He could be another intriguing buy low candidate, if the Giants make him available. He's not a perfect fit as a 3-4 OLB but he is a disruptive force, and would be dominant in sub packages.

The Haynesworth aquisition makes this idea especially interesting, the one problem is that Osi wants top money that we don't have the ability to shell out for him.

Having a guy whose name sounds like "Human Urine" just gets to me for some reason.

Too bad. But in some other news, PFT is reporting that the Texans are the frontrunners in landing Aso. I think with Wade Phillips there that they can actually hava a pretty good defense. He might not have been the best HC, but he's a good defensive coordinator. And with Mario playing OLB, it should be quite the show if they land Aso.

I'd love Asomugha to the Texans. Just keep him off the damn jets!! :p

As for Kiwanuka, I wasn't expecting to land him anyways. Maybe we go after a 2nd tier guy like Matt Roth or someone of that nature.

I'd love Asomugha to the Texans. Just keep him off the damn jets!! :p

As for Kiwanuka, I wasn't expecting to land him anyways. Maybe we go after a 2nd tier guy like Matt Roth or someone of that nature.

It's funny how for CB's the guys out there include: Aso, Nate Clements, Joseph, and potentially Newman (if the Cowboys come out of nowhere and pick Aso or Joseph up). While at OLB it's all second tier players. Humbug.

It was only a two year deal for Kiwanuka. I knew the guy wasn't going to break the bank. Hopefully, it drives down the market for Lawson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back