PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Darius Butler to Start For Colts on Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

livinginthe past

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
As per Reiss blog: Vontae Davis is out - which is a good thing bearing in mind he made a few plays against Brady during his Dolphins incarantion.

This means none other than recent AFC player of the week, Darius Butler, will be a starting CB against Brady et al on Sunday.

Generally speaking I wish all ex-Patriots well - except of course when they play against us.

:popcorn: Here's to Butler getting burned all over the field :popcorn:

Last edited:
Finally another team has a worse starting corner that we do!! :singing: :rocker:

(I wouldn't worry about DPOW award...you or I could defend the Jags WRs and Gabbert)

Last edited:
Careful what you wish for. I am sure Drew Bledsoe was licking his chops thinking of little 'ol Troy Brown as a DB against him...

Finally another team has a worse starting corner that we do!! :singing: :rocker:

(I wouldn't worry about DPOW award...you or I could defend the Jags WRs and Gabbert)

Butler is not worse than Arrington.

Fleener being out could be significant for us, too. He's been out for a while, but he's an athletic TE, and we all know how bad the Pats are at covering those types.

Last edited:
I expect Brady to lock on to him early and often.

Butler is not worse than Arrington.

Fleener being out could be significant for us, too. He's been out for a while, but he's an athletic TE, and we all know how bad the Pats are at covering those types.

I think Dennard starts over Arrington this weekend

Gregory/McCourty at safety
Talib/Dennard at Corner

I think Arrington will probably be in the mix at times though

Chung is still out with that paper cut that is slow to heal :)

Last edited:
Butler was AFC Player of the Week? How come we can't get guys like that?

Butler was AFC Player of the Week? How come we can't get guys like that?

Our DBs did get a sort of an award last week...no other defense allowed 35 first downs by the opposition,that is quite a feat!! :cool:

Butler was actually good on short plays over the middle. He was horribly bad on long plays down the sideline.

In other words, if he's on Lloyd, Patriots win. But if he's on Branch or Edelman, he can keep up.

Welker is too good for anyone.

Butler was actually good on short plays over the middle. He was horribly bad on long plays down the sideline.

In other words, if he's on Lloyd, Patriots win. But if he's on Branch or Edelman, he can keep up.

Welker is too good for anyone.

Welker had an x-ray done on his ankle this past week....is he going to play?

To be honest, before thursday night I had no idea Butler was still in the league.

To be honest, before thursday night I had no idea Butler was still in the league.

I knew he went to Carolina,then I forgot about him.

Same here, that was a big suprise to see him, starting nonetheless and playing well. He'll be motivated no doubt, but hopefully we can exploit him. Doubt he'll be matched up on Lloyd much, the games that pretty much spelled his doom here were week 1 and 2 in 2010 when Ocho burnt him deep and Edwards outdid him on 2 TD grabs, then his confidence was shot and he never made it back. Lloyd is the man who can really do him in Sunday.

I think Dennard starts over Arrington this weekend

Gregory/McCourty at safety
Talib/Dennard at Corner

I think Arrington will probably be in the mix at times though

Chung is still out with that paper cut that is slow to heal :)

Dennard and Arrington will probably be the starters - would be pretty surprising to see Talib starting five days after reporting to the team.

Dennard and Arrington will probably be the starters - would be pretty surprising to see Talib starting five days after reporting to the team.

I don't know ..... I would assume we will see Talib with a good amount of time against the Colts.....best to get him acclimated on the defense against a team that is overrated IMO ...the Colts are on borrowed time IMO.

I honestly expect butler to have a decent game. I scouted him for so long and saw that his main problem was he got bullied by most receivers, especially braylon edwards. The problem for us is we don't really have any receivers with size besides lloyd and none of our guys are overly fast. I also thought he gave too much of a cushion but that could of been how we told him to play for all I know. I still think we destroy the colts but i won't be surprised if he completely blankets branch and especially edelman.

Welker had an x-ray done on his ankle this past week....is he going to play?

He did a conference call with the Indy media today so that has to be a good sign.

The ultimate nightmare scenerio. Vinitiari kicks a field goal with 3 minutes to go to put the colts up by 2, Butler intercepts Brady while the pats are on the 45 yard line of the dolts with a minute left.

I honestly expect butler to have a decent game. I scouted him for so long and saw that his main problem was he got bullied by most receivers, especially braylon edwards. The problem for us is we don't really have any receivers with size besides lloyd and none of our guys are overly fast. I also thought he gave too much of a cushion but that could of been how we told him to play for all I know. I still think we destroy the colts but i won't be surprised if he completely blankets branch and especially edelman.

Shutting down Branch this year hasn't been a problem for anybody so far...

There's a slight gap in quality between a Blaine Gabbert lead offense and Tom Brady lead offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down