PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Darius Butler home draft video

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is very cool actually.

It's a real time vid of his actual draft party. I haven't come across any other vid of a draft prospect while he's on the phone with the coach, hearing his own name.

Congrats, Darius. Now the real work begins.

Well that's just a nice reminder there. No matter where they go in the draft or where we had them ranked, becoming a player in the NFL is a lifelong dream for a lot of these players. You could see the genuine elation and joy when Darius heard the news that he had been picked. It's also nice that I think he's going to become an elite player and he plays for my favorite NFL team. ;)

Last edited:
That was pretty good........he looks more then grateful.

I'll be putting that into my sig :D

I think its ok to express emotion for a time like that. It probably rivals a lot of the most important days in a person's life.

Do you hear the guy shouting "Hallelujah!"?

I'm virtually certain it's over the fact that Butler is now an NFL player, but I'd like to think it's a guy with some taste who knows Butler is not just going to be an NFL player, but an NFL player for the premier NFL franchise. :D

Last edited:
Who's the guy at the end who is going to "pop it off" 2 times a year?

Who's the guy at the end who is going to "pop it off" 2 times a year?

I think it was Donald Thomas, his former UConn teammate who started for Miami last year as a rookie at RT before getting injured.

Butler has another video on Youtube, with that same imatopprospect website, where he hangs out with Deion Sanders.

I think it was Donald Thomas, his former UConn teammate who started for Miami last year as a rookie at RT before getting injured.
I liked Thomas in last year's draft, Miami got a steal with him.

The first guy at the end, right next to Donald Thomas, was the Raiders starting FS Tyvon Branch, also a teammate from UConn who went in last year's draft. These guys were pretty tight, seeing as they went to Butler's draft party. Interesting to see that Thomas made note that they would be playing each other twice a year, while Branch didn't even mention the Raiders.

If you watch it, someone, maybe Darius' Mom, is heard saying, "My Baby is getting paid". While I don't blame that person, especially if they lived in poverty, it kinda ruins the moment. Darius himself seemed to be geniunely caught up in the moment of realizing he is now an NFL player, for a top organization.

I watched his highlights and he is really an impressive athletic cornerback. Even Deion Sanders mentioned that in the NFL network 1 hour show at 8pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes