Status
Not open for further replies.
No To

Never, No, Never, No, Never

Don't Even Think This Again!!!!!!!!!!!!

bucky just got arrested for possesion.

Just say NOooooooooooooooooo!

bucky said:
if there's one team that can do it, it's one that has won 3 superbowls in 5 years
They have done this by NOT having TO-types on their team.

Everyone has been thinking of places that TO will end up, like NO, Oakland or Minnesota. Here is a thought, how about TO in Indy??? He would fit in perfectly with the Colts..........

Bill's Girl said:
Everyone has been thinking of places that TO will end up, like NO, Oakland or Minnesota. Here is a thought, how about TO in Indy??? He would fit in perfectly with the Colts..........

You're right. I wouldn't mind him tearing that team apart.

I think we give TO way too much credit for the eagles problems this year. The decline in Philly is directly a result of Mcnabb's decline. Do any of us think T.O could mentally beat up TB? I am not a fan of TO's as a person, but as a playmaker there are none better. The price may never be cheaper for his type of services. As a former coach I have taken shots on many players who were considered a cancer type. Granted none with the known public exposure of TO. Most never are nearly as bad as perceived. My point is this, I would not be afraid to bring TO in to see if he could fit. If you dont like what you have you simply structure the deal so he can be cut loose. To me its a nothing to lose situation. What would our chances be next year with T.O and another stud olineman be. I say 4 out 6 and the teeshirt dynasty is back in business!! Takes big risk for big reward.

hodgey said:
I think we give TO way too much credit for the eagles problems this year. The decline in Philly is directly a result of Mcnabb's decline. Do any of us think T.O could mentally beat up TB? I am not a fan of TO's as a person, but as a playmaker there are none better. The price may never be cheaper for his type of services. As a former coach I have taken shots on many players who were considered a cancer type. Granted none with the known public exposure of TO. Most never are nearly as bad as perceived. My point is this, I would not be afraid to bring TO in to see if he could fit. If you dont like what you have you simply structure the deal so he can be cut loose. To me its a nothing to lose situation. What would our chances be next year with T.O and another stud olineman be. I say 4 out 6 and the teeshirt dynasty is back in business!! Takes big risk for big reward.

Exactly what I was saying. Except I don't think the risk is that big. As for TO tearing teams apart, I think it's more a reflection of those organizations and the way they handled him FROM THE BEGINNING. If you set the expectations ahead of time, you will be OK if the crap hits the fan..

PATSNUTme said:
You're right. I wouldn't mind him tearing that team apart.

Maybe it's on its way to being torn apart anyway after Sunday with Peyton's post game remarks, plus Peyton's rejecting Dungy's punt call?

bucky said:
Exactly what I was saying. Except I don't think the risk is that big. As for TO tearing teams apart, I think it's more a reflection of those organizations and the way they handled him FROM THE BEGINNING. If you set the expectations ahead of time, you will be OK if the crap hits the fan..

Your kidding,right?

Kidding about which part?

Like I said before, I don't know if TO would be willing to come in on the team's terms - short term contracts heavily layered with TEAM-BASED incentives such as # of wins, playoff appearance, etc. But if he was willing to do that, I think the risk/reward ratio dictates taking the chance. And there's no team in the NFL as well positioned as the Pats to pull it off successfully.

bucky said:
Kidding about which part?

Like I said before, I don't know if TO would be willing to come in on the team's terms - short term contracts heavily layered with TEAM-BASED incentives such as # of wins, playoff appearance, etc. But if he was willing to do that, I think the risk/reward ratio dictates taking the chance. And there's no team in the NFL as well positioned as the Pats to pull it off successfully.

Give it up. The guy's a mental case. Why would any halfway successful team want to take on a mental case?

if TO isn't happy on a team that passes 80% of the time and has a Pro Bowl quarterback and is a annual super bowl contender, then I don't think he will ever be happy (especially here where Brady spreads the ball around)

There's an excellent chance that TO will grow up someday. That day may not come until he's in his 40's or 50's but its likely to come. If it should happen while he's still got some gas in his Football tank he'd be an incredible resource, considering how little his cost would be right now.

I don't see it happening, but I agree with trusting BB if it should happen.

bucky said:
I know a lot of people, maybe even everybody, will say this is crazy. And it'll probably never happen. But I've thought about it for a while and I think it'd make sense to at least try to get TO on the team next year. Especially since this year's WR FA and draft classes are pretty weak and the chances of retaining Givens aren't that high.

Here's how why I think it would work:

1) This would be by far the best Coach/QB combo TO has ever been with. It is also probably the strongest and most veteran locker room that would be able to put TO in his place.

2) TOs stock is as low as it could possibly go right now. So this is part of the buy low, sell high strategy. TO could probably be had for a late round pick. And his contract would have to be totally redone and heavily incentivised with team-oriented goals. So the finanacial risk would be small enough that the Pats could just release - or suspend - him at any point without significant cap implications. The potential reward, on the other hand, is really astronomical becase TO is still one of the 5 most talented and productive WRs in the NFL.

3) TO might be an ass, but he's not an idiot. He has to understand that this might be his last chance to stay in the NFL. And what better way to rehab your image than on the most selfless team in the league.

4) Even with the Eagles, TO was a model citizen in his first year. As long as the Patriots are winning and TO is playing, he will keep quiet. And with his talent, as long as he's quiet, why wouldn't he be playing?

5) The Pats have some expereince dealing with supposed malcontents in Corey Dillon and Terry Glen. And while those 2 situations worked out very differently, the 1 thing that was constant was the team's ability to disregard the distractions and concentrate on playing the game.

So I say get TO in here, give him the incentive-laden contract, back him up with some combination of cheap vets and young WRs, and let him go to work.

come on...i'm a philly native and followed his shenanigans pretty closely this year...to quote Scott Pioli (who should know) "he is NOT a Patriots' player." Better to put free agent $$$ into an RB

If the Patriots ever signed TO I would stop watching football! I love football more then any other hobby I have, I enjoy being a football fan first and Patriots fan second. With that said I could not see myself rooting for any team other then the Patriots which whom I have rooted for since I first watched a Football game (SB 20) when I was 6, so therefore I would just stop watching football all together.

I can not say this any louder DELETE THIS THREAD IT ONLY BREEDS INSANITY!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes