PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dare I say it that Manning is (gulp). . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDD

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
. . . classy, compared to that group of thugs, criminals, and show-offs known as the Chargers?

Yeah he's a whiner, and overexposed, but he's not as much of a d-ckhead as little bro. The Colts were completely in the toilet the year Peyton was drafted.

And all this talk about nobody respects us - you'll never hear a disparaging word from Manning about us.

After all, Brady's friends with him! Can you picture Brady befriending an arrogant SOB like Rivers?

In fact I'd venture to say that the only turdish aspect of the Colts is their management.

. . . classy, compared to that group of thugs, criminals, and show-offs known as the Chargers?

Yeah he's a whiner, and overexposed, but he's not as much of a d-ckhead as little bro. The Colts were completely in the toilet the year Peyton was drafted.

And all this talk about nobody respects us - you'll never hear a disparaging word from Manning about us.

After all, Brady's friends with him! Can you picture Brady befriending an arrogant SOB like Rivers?

In fact I'd venture to say that the only turdish aspect of the Colts is their management.

he is classy enough...but our overwhelming dislike for him and the colts makes us dislike even his supposedly classy behaviour...
he has his own traits like yelling at his linemen but mostly postgame etc he has stood up and talked like a professional *most times* especially abt the opponent

Peyton wears his emotions - particularly frustration with OL, defense, etc... - a bit too much on his sleeve, but other than that I really like the guy. And he's the best athlete-in-commercials I've ever seen. Great timing, smart line-readings, many "unexpected reads," as we say. For the most part he's the best thing to like about Indy. I hate Polian WAY more.

I, for one, would rather not see this 'classy' chat flow over into the Indy game. Who cares (besides LT and whiny Chargers trolls)?

The Patriots and Colts are the class of the AFC in 2007. That's all that matters.

At least until someone wins the game and heads to the Superbowl.

I don't have a problem with Manning, I just hate the Colts for their classless ownership and coaching.

Lol, it seems kinda silly how "classy" has all of a sudden entered the footballers' lexicon this week.

I have no problem with Manning as a person and he is a fabulous qb. Its more the media's fauning over him that makes me route against him. Seeing him in every other commercial is just nauseating. I even think the commercials are kind of funny but I just get sick of the media worship of the guy.

Deep down, I think Pats fans (including me) don't like him because he's the one Brady is always compared to when the topic of who's the best comes up. With his receivers it never seems a fair comparison. I'd like to see him compete without having guys like Harrison and Wayne.

Does anyone else get severly turned off with what comes across to me as him being 'full of himself'. I am fully prepared to simply be getting a wrong impression, but .....

I don't have a problem with Manning, I just hate the Colts for their classless ownership and coaching.

Lol, it seems kinda silly how "classy" has all of a sudden entered the footballers' lexicon this week.
Dungy doesn't even bother me. Marty Schott does, Shanahan doesn't. What's not to like about Dungy, realizing he is the coach of a huge rival?

Peyton is more annoying than anything. His on field persona drives me schithouse, as does the constant media ball washing. I think he's learned some tough lessons over the last several years though and while he still has a tendancy to whine, both on and off the field, his frustration is more often with his own players - I've never seen him trash an opponent before or after a game.

Rivers reminds me of Ben, only with a snot nosed entitled preppy edge as opposed to Ben's entitled good old boy personality. Each believed they had arrived and it would be easier than it's shaken out to be.

Peyton and Tommy have paid their dues and taken their lumps and born their burdens - Peyton the can't win the big one reputation and Tom continued system rap and the overbearing level of expectations.

LOL, kind of like how "body language" was a huge deal earlier in the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back