PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dare I say it...If the Pats don't win another game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just trying to think how many teams would fall over themselves to hire BB if he were fired.

I'm also trying to think who would replace him. I am also wondering what the state of the board would be next year when Joe Replacement clocks in a losing season.

It's not a "debate". It's just a silly idea that gets tossed around when people are frustrated.

How many losing seasons has BB posted here? ONE.

Last edited:
Re: Dare I say it.. If the Pats dont win another game..

First of all, Im not a bandwagoner...

Second of all, what has Belichick done with out Weis and Crenell..?

Ive been as positive as anybody on this board, but its frustrating when you lose to inferior oppontents...

It got too deep to continue right about there.

I guess I should have reworded this post... Is Belichick's message getting tired and old to some people??? I dont want anyone else to coach the pats besides Belichick,but this team is getting beat on coaching and mental errors, something that we never used to make....

And here is a quote from a person who thinks we still have a championship defense...

You clearly have me confused with someone else.

Second of all, what has Belichick done with out Weis and Crenell..?

Well, let's see. Made the playoffs 2005-2007, went 11-5 with Matt freaking Cassell in 2008. On course to make the playoffs in 2009. Coached the 2007 team to within 30 seconds of perfection. Came within 30 seconds of the SB in 2006.

Didn't you mean to ask what have those two buffoons done without Belichick????

Well, let's see. Made the playoffs 2005-2007, went 11-5 with Matt freaking Cassell in 2008. On course to make the playoffs in 2009. Coached the 2007 team to within 30 seconds of perfection. Came within 30 seconds of the SB in 2006.

Didn't you mean to ask what have those two buffoons done without Belichick????

sorry that was a frustrating remark I made.. I think people should be more upset that this team keeps losing when the have these games won... dean pees is a joke and Breden O brien is in over his head...

You don't fire coaches unless you are sure you are getting someone better. BB has shown he has as much coaching talent as anyone. That is why this collapse is so surprising. He has lost 3 of 4 in a very bad way, at a very bad time. The team has some holes to be sure, but his team is not nearly playing up to the level of its talent. Moreover, the trajectory has gone awry; they are in a tailspin and evidently BB does not know how to pull out of it. Instead of pulling together for the stretch run, this team is coming apart at the seams. Fans and media will all express surprise this week about the fact that the Patriots are not only not a contending team, but not even a good team. They are a team that has some flashy moves, but when punched in the mouth they run away. BB has earned the opportunity to fix the mess he created, and he will get it next year no matter what happens for the rest of this year. He has shown that he can build a winner, and he needs to do it again. But this team is not suddenly going to be great next week or the week after. But they do need to at least make a stand soon, by showing some resiliency and fight. The farther they fall, the longer will be the ride back to the top. It is not too late to be a team again this year, but there is not much more sand in the hour glass.

If the Pats forked out some dough and signed a decent pass rusher, we could be thinking AFCCG and possibly SB. Why BB doesn't believe in pass rushers for all these yrs is so disappointing. Wasting precious years of Moss and Brady is a reason to blast Belichick.

I do think the Pats need to spend some money on FAs and stop taking guys off the streets. The Colts seem to sign every important player to 50 plus million dollar contracts and don't have problems doing this under the cap.

If the Pats forked out some dough and signed a decent pass rusher, we could be thinking AFCCG and possibly SB. Why BB doesn't believe in pass rushers for all these yrs is so disappointing. Wasting precious years of Moss and Brady is a reason to blast Belichick.

I do think the Pats need to spend some money on FAs and stop taking guys off the streets. The Colts seem to sign every important player to 50 plus million dollar contracts and don't have problems doing this under the cap.

It has to be Pass rushers/blitzing schemes....not just one guy...but yes, BB has rarely been one to blitz like crazy.....which to me is frustrating to watch,....I would rather see them bring the house...and have personnel that could do that....than watch this bend don't break/passive, prevent crap......

I guess I should have reworded this post... Is Belichick's message getting tired and old to some people??? I dont want anyone else to coach the pats besides Belichick,but this team is getting beat on coaching and mental errors, something that we never used to make....

Right, they never made those mistakes in the past nine seasons that he has been the head coach and none of the other head coaches or coordinators in the league have made mistakes that cost their teams games as well :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye