PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Danny Woodhead

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno. Maybe it's just me, but I think Woodhead's much better at blitz pickup than people give him credit for. He had two tough games in that regard: NYJ (gave up a safety) and KC. Like any blocker, you notice the failures much more than the successes. Ironically, his biggest trouble seems to be with guys that get lower than he does and crawl/bull rush through him. But overall, I doubt Brady would want him out in the no huddle if he couldn't trust him.

You can't blame Woodhead for the most of the incompletes. Brady has routinely thrown him and all of the other RB's bad passes this year.

I don't know about that assessment, but it's certainly worth keeping an eye on in the upcoming games. It always helps to have someone point something out so that you can try and keep an eye on it.

In my opinion Woodhead's blitz troubles are pretty regular, as even last week's game vs. Washington had some good examples of his struggles.

As far as Brady's trust with him in the hurry up, I'm not sure that paints the whole picture. There really are no other viable options for a hurry up RB at this cuurent point in time. Faulk is the next best option of course, and provides decent blitz pickup, but doesn't provide the speed that Woodhead does, so it's almost a catch-22...Faulk vs. Woodhead, and Danny Woodhead is likely the best option at what they ask him to do in that role.

The rookie RB's (Vereen) could possibly take over some reps at that role next yr, but apparently aren't ready for one reason or another at this point.

I agree that his missed passes aren't all on him. That one from last week comes to mind, and if he were 8 feet tall he still wouldn't have been able to catch that screen pass to the right. I'd like to see more screens and flat passes to the RB's.

I don't know about that assessment, but it's certainly worth keeping an eye on in the upcoming games. It always helps to have someone point something out so that you can try and keep an eye on it.

In my opinion Woodhead's blitz troubles are pretty regular, as even last week's game vs. Washington had some good examples of his struggles.

As far as Brady's trust with him in the hurry up, I'm not sure that paints the whole picture. There really are no other viable options for a hurry up RB at this cuurent point in time. Faulk is the next best option of course, and provides decent blitz pickup, but doesn't provide the speed that Woodhead does, so it's almost a catch-22...Faulk vs. Woodhead, and Danny Woodhead is likely the best option at what they ask him to do in that role.

The rookie RB's (Vereen) could possibly take over some reps at that role next yr, but apparently aren't ready for one reason or another at this point.

I agree that his missed passes aren't all on him. That one from last week comes to mind, and if he were 8 feet tall he still wouldn't have been able to catch that screen pass to the right. I'd like to see more screens and flat passes to the RB's.

BJGE actually did a great job in that role when he filled in for Woodhead in the first Jets game.

Pretty damn good football player. I'm glad he's on our team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back