PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Danny Woodhead getting noticed

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could have all eleven offensive players wear wood heads thereby creating mass confusion for any defense.

We could have all eleven offensive players wear wood heads thereby creating mass confusion for any defense.

Meriweather hits would be especially deadly when you factor in the splinters that the receivers would also suffer.

Faulk is one of the best I have ever seen at avoiding the big hit...ya-ya I know he is injured.... Watch him carefully when he comes back; he knows when to hit the turf when there is bad news coming. He racked up a ton of yards at LSU and for the Patriots and you don't do that without being careful to avoid the big hit.

Edelman fights for that last yard and leaves himself exposed. While this is commendable it does not lead to a long career in the NFL. Felger and the other douches used to complain that Randy Moss shied away from contact but that is exactly what he should have done [but of course you don't hear them complaining about Branch laying down].

unfortunately I still sense great love for a 34 year old Keith Faulk who by many is still the better option despite being 34:confused:

Unfortunately? UNFORTUNATELY?!?! This is Kevin Freakin' Faulk we're talking about here, one of the best loved Pats of all-time. And for good reason, he's been a true Patriot for his entire career, always there when needed, always making clutch plays, always doing what's right for the team.

Is it great to have Woodhead to step in as Faulk 2.0? Sure, especially when Kevin goes down for the season for the first time ever in a long and distinguished career. But I wouldn't write the man off, he's been too good for too long. He never relied on exceptional physical tools for his success, so I see no reason why he shouldn't be able to come back. But I'll always cheer for Kevin Faulk just like I always cheered for Troy Brown, Tedy Bruschi, Ted Johnson, Hog Hannah, Steve Grogan, Stanley Morgan and so many other career Patriots.

I didn't get to see the game on Sunday, but I did catch it on NFL Replay ... Woodhead is fun to watch.

Unfortunately? UNFORTUNATELY?!?! This is Kevin Freakin' Faulk we're talking about here, one of the best loved Pats of all-time. And for good reason, he's been a true Patriot for his entire career, always there when needed, always making clutch plays, always doing what's right for the team.

Is it great to have Woodhead to step in as Faulk 2.0? Sure, especially when Kevin goes down for the season for the first time ever in a long and distinguished career. But I wouldn't write the man off, he's been too good for too long. He never relied on exceptional physical tools for his success, so I see no reason why he shouldn't be able to come back. But I'll always cheer for Kevin Faulk just like I always cheered for Troy Brown, Tedy Bruschi, Ted Johnson, Hog Hannah, Steve Grogan, Stanley Morgan and so many other career Patriots.

I hate excuses... but do I really need to pull out my pneumonia card..... :confused:

I did not expect to be jumped on for a typo....... 3am-5am in ER w/ 103.8 temp:(

Woodhead has definitely been great in Faulk's role and he may end up being his replacement. I love Faulk and I hope that we have him for one more year but he is getting old. Faulk is like the Ray Lewis of 3rd down backs... Even if he lost a step, he's only gained steps in knowledge and is still at his top game. And don't forget that he is a great leader and model for the younger players.

unfortunately I still sense great love for a 34 year old Keith Faulk who by many is still the better option despite being 34:confused:

hmmm??? Woody all day..... it is funny b/c Woody is 25 years old:D

What team did you root for before this year?

I didn't get to see the game on Sunday, but I did catch it on NFL Replay ... Woodhead is fun to watch.

Seriously fun. I don't know how many times I cringed when he had the ball because <insert Raven LB/DL> was about to crush him. Only to watch him squeeze threw some tiny hole to get 6 more yards. He's got the same advantage that MJD has, sometimes he gets lost behind those huge bodies that most NFL players have.

Edit: I picked him up in one of my fantasy leagues as a Bye week replacement and he ended scoring more than the regular guy did. And as an added bonus, the site had (and still does) him listed as a WR.

Last edited:
I hate excuses... but do I really need to pull out my pneumonia card..... :confused:

I did not expect to be jumped on for a typo....... 3am-5am in ER w/ 103.8 temp:(
We told you, rooming in the refrigerator box was a bad idea. Get another job and pay the extra for a room at the Y, it'll be better for your long term health.

and if that's too expensive there's always a van...DOWN BY THE RIVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back