PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Danny Woodhead: Faulk 2.0??? (merged old and new)

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Danny Woodhead: Faulk 2.0??? (merged old and new)

I know this is going to be spun as gamemanship, but I think the guy has a legitimate shot to make the roster this year. He seems like a less talented Kevin Faulk to me. If he can spell Faulk for a few plays a game, it might help keep Faulk fresh for late in the season and the playoffs.

Definitely not- completely different players with completely different roles. Woodhead is actually a RB, who, because he's small, quick, has good hands, and the Jets have nobody at WR, was forced into a WR-esque role. Woodhead is more of a Faulkish, Welkerish type, and is way too small to even consider playing outside. If he lines up at WR, he's playing in the slot, period. Taylor is a big, physical possession guy: he's a split end, plain and simple. As WRs, they couldn't be less alike

Man, I know I keep harping on this, but what terrible roster management by the Jets. They kept Woodhead for week 1 even though they could have used Clowney WAY more against the Ravens, then when it becomes clear that they don't have enough WRs (it was already clear to anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together), they drop Woodhead and re-sign Clowney. In the process, they make it possible for the Pats to snatch him up and completely screw with the Jets' gameplanning the day before the game. The Jets made a dumb, unforced mistake, and Belichick is absolutely raking them over the coals for it. Man, I love being a Pats fan.

Exactly right,BradyFTW.....I love this kid....jets fans never got it that if you keep TWO friggin' fullbacks and 4 runningbacks......you're going to come up short somewhere else.....such as WR and TE.Rex figured they could coast for 4 games,until Holmes returned.......bad idea,when you have a QB with a below average arm,who can't read coverages.

When the pats traded LoMo,I can hear Tannenbaummeister going.......ught O!

Also....anybody notice that we've gone from "aeging and slow" to "lightspeed" in 2 years?

BB on meth.....I luv it:rocker:

Will the Pats take the Jets behind the Woodhead and beat them senseless....

err..I mean Wood Shed :bricks:

The voice of reason speaks up. Everyone is overreacting to this. The guy has done nothing in the NFL and was just cut by a team that got 7 first downs in their opener. He was signed for information/ mind games, nothing more, nothing less. The over under for days on the team is set at 3.5.

So is he going to help us solve the complicated check down offense Sancheese employs :D

Apparently things didn't work out between him and Woody Johnson.

Apparently things didn't work out between him and Woody Johnson.

I wonder why?

You would think if you have a Woody Johnson you certainly would want a wood 'head'? :confused:

Re: Rapp: patriots sign former jet Danny woodhead to 53rd spot

Danny Woodhead is a good player.

LOL

I knew Pats fans would be spinning this

Do you really think the Jets would let go a "good player"

As usual, the insecurity and paranoia of the Patriot regime shine through, they even had to hide it, and wait until Saturday to do it.

Sad

I know this is going to be spun as gamemanship, but I think the guy has a legitimate shot to make the roster this year. He seems like a less talented Kevin Faulk to me. If he can spell Faulk for a few plays a game, it might help keep Faulk fresh for late in the season and the playoffs.

Shameless homer

Woodhead will be released by mid-season

Shameless homer

You just may have earned my first ever ignore list spot. I'm still undecided, though.

Shameless homer

Folks were saying the same thing when we picked up Welker. Moss wasn't the type to get along here either. You may be right, but we'll see. Making predictions that far down the pike is fraught with peril. :cool:

Definitely not- completely different players with completely different roles. Woodhead is actually a RB, who, because he's small, quick, has good hands, and the Jets have nobody at WR, was forced into a WR-esque role. Woodhead is more of a Faulkish, Welkerish type, and is way too small to even consider playing outside. If he lines up at WR, he's playing in the slot, period. Taylor is a big, physical possession guy: he's a split end, plain and simple. As WRs, they couldn't be less alike

Man, I know I keep harping on this, but what terrible roster management by the Jets. They kept Woodhead for week 1 even though they could have used Clowney WAY more against the Ravens, then when it becomes clear that they don't have enough WRs (it was already clear to anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together), they drop Woodhead and re-sign Clowney. In the process, they make it possible for the Pats to snatch him up and completely screw with the Jets' gameplanning the day before the game. The Jets made a dumb, unforced mistake, and Belichick is absolutely raking them over the coals for it. Man, I love being a Pats fan.

LOL, too funny

So why did the Pats wait until after week 1 to release Murrell?

Can you biased homers be any more pathetic.

Woodhead is a nice scrappy player who plays his ass off, but doesn't have NFL level skill, he's tough, actually a great PS type of player because he can do a number of things on the scout team, he can catch, but stop trying to spin this into more than what it is, paranoid Bill needs all the intel he can get, he can't use his cameras anymore, so this is the next best thing.

Re: Rapp: patriots sign former jet Danny woodhead to 53rd spot

LOL

I knew Pats fans would be spinning this

Do you really think the Jets would let go a "good player"

As usual, the insecurity and paranoia of the Patriot regime shine through, they even had to hide it, and wait until Saturday to do it.

Sad

umm, you just did. Danny is tough as nails and can play multiple positions, way better than Clowney.. Why don't you question why your coaches and ownership released him instead of accusing the Patriots of doing this to stick it to you and spinning this to make your team look better.

For every action there is a reason

Last edited:

LOL, too funny

Woodhead is a nice scrappy player who plays his ass off, but doesn't have NFL level skill, he's tough, actually a great PS type of player because he can do a number of things on the scout team, he can catch, but stop trying to spin this into more than what it is, paranoid Bill needs all the intel he can get, he can't use his cameras anymore, so this is the next best thing.
Murrell played in game 1.
So the whole OConnell thing last year was a paranoid attempt to get all the intel Ryan needed?

Anyone remember a few years ago when the Pats picked up that Bills WR that was just cut by them and after the game against them he was cut by us?

I see the same thing happening here,its a mind game we are playing with the Jets,Woodhead is a temporary guy.

JF19...Who did they fill his roster spot with?

LOL, too funny

I'm going to assume you're a troll now that you brought Spygate up.

I'm not going to expect too much. If he works out and becomes a Faulk type back then I'll be over the moon but i really don't see why the Jets would let such a 'good' player go. I'll wait and see before getting over the moon about this.

I'm not going to expect too much. If he works out and becomes a Faulk type back then I'll be over the moon but i really don't see why the Jets would let such a 'good' player go. I'll wait and see before getting over the moon about this.

this exactly why when i read about this move i said wait, why did they release him.. I really hope he sticks.. I really don't think Bill did this as a stunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes